1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise Report re: My Son

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Tom Butler, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Some of you will remember my post back in early September regarding my son, Tom Butler, Jr. He and a friend were riding their bicycles when a dog ran out in front of them. Tom Jr crashed his bike and the fall crushed his pelvis.

It is now three months later. I'm pleased to report that he walked into church this past Sunday morning without his cane and without his walker. And, to top it off, he drove himself.

My son is a true trophy of God's grace.

Sunday before last, Tom and his wife Gail walked into the church for the first time in three months. He was still using a cane. At one point in the service, he stood and gave his testimony to God's grace at a dark time in his life.

Then Gail sent word that she wanted to sing Amazing Grace. I motioned her to come on up to the platform. But when he started to sing, she was overcome with emotion. She stood there and wept for a moment. Suddenly, Tom Jr stood up and walked to the platform, and stood beside her. I was sitting behind them, and he looked at me. I stood up and walked to the pulpit and stood on her other side. She still was not able to begin singing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed movement. It was my beloved wife Janice, heading for the platform to join us. Finally, we started singing.

It was the first time ever we had sung together as a family in a worship service. By this time, the emotion in the place was through the roof. The Lord took that song away from us, so we were singing in his power, not our own.

When we finished, these staid old Baptists broke into applause and shouting. It was an unplanned part of the service, but God used it in a mighty way to bring glory to himself and joy to his people.

There's a big difference between "working up" the Spirit and seeing the Spirit poured out. There's no doubt which one this was.

I know many of you prayed for my son, and I am grateful. God has honored the prayers of his people.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tom - When the Spirit moves, watch out!!

Praise God for your son's healing. That is awesome!! We both have children that stand as a testimony to God's power and I pray that they both continue to always be a light for Him.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Beautiful. :flower:

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

PTL! Thanks for sharing with us to God's power of answering prayers!