1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for Peace and Strength

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by StefanM, Nov 28, 2016.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been going through a difficult time lately, in large part due to difficulties getting my bipolar symptoms under control. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon, and we will be assessing how I've been doing.

Please pray that I can handle whatever is done. I've exhausted a lot of options already, so I honestly am unsure how things will turn out.

Please pray that I can have a stronger faith in God. I've really run into serious doubts as I've been fighting through these past two months or so. Unfortunately, my bipolar symptoms tend to have negative effects on my spiritual life. I pray that I can make it through.

I feel like giving up at times, but I know I need to press on. It's just so tiresome.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother don't give up, you have my empathy, sympathy, and prayers. I knew what was up with you with your first post the other day and was praying for you then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sorry you are going through this difficult time and my prayers are with you!! Absolutely the bipolar will affect your feelings in your spiritual life but always remember that God doesn't change no matter how our feelings do. He is good and He is there for you. I hope that you can get some more help from your doctor!

• Like Like x 1
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hang in there Stefan. Life is good, except for the speed bumps!

I suffer from a neurological condition that causes constant pain. It also greatly restricts my movement. Some days I just want to quit. Give in to it. But as a Christian I know that this is part of God's Perfect plan for my life. So I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God for those in Christ Jesus. You are in my prayers.

I understand. Tired of fighting the same battle every day. But God is good. You are where you are because you have an appointment with God. And when you have profited from your meeting with God, even in that terrible trial, God will do one of two things. He will deliver you from the trial, or he will give you grace to endure.

There is a young man here in our church in Texas who fights the bi-polar battle every day. He is only a Junior in High School but already he has survived more than old battle scared veterans of vicious wars. But he knows God has a plan for his life. And he knows he has a whole church full of people who are on his side, and are praying for him, and his family, who support him in his struggles.

So, again, hang in there. There are a lot of people who are on your side, and are praying for you, who you have never even met. You are not alone in your battle. We stand with you, our brother in Christ. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, my doctor tweaked the dosages of some of my medicine, and hopefully that will help. I certainly need to be more stable soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me add to this series of posts.

As in my response to your other posts I recounted how I had severe emotional stress in my younger days.
    I felt that my case was unique in that God had "abandoned" me. Not so.

You are not alone, others have been there and identify with your tribulation and we are praying for you.

Others have present day trials (me too).
    The difference between then and now is that the joy of His salvation has returned.

Now I know that He was always there though it didn't "feel" like it then.

Praying for you brother.

HankD