1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for peace, guidance, contentment, and opportunity

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by StefanM, Nov 13, 2023.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm really struggling right now with feelings of inadequacy and guilt over my life circumstances. My wife and I don't have any children together, but I have three children from a previous marriage. I get to see them every other weekend, except for my oldest (his work schedule and school band obligations sometimes prevent him from visiting). I know this isn't God's pattern for raising children, but it's where I am.

I know that my life hasn't been up to God's standard, especially for the time in my life prior to June 2018 (when I truly was converted), and I'm struggling to deal with the limitations that my life circumstances, past sins, and mental illnesses (bipolar disorder) create. I know I'm not biblically qualified for church leadership, but there must be some kind of way I can serve.

I haven't discussed anything with church leadership yet because I haven't felt ready, but I could use your prayers. Please pray that God will guide me in general and will lead me to a place of peace and contentment, with opportunities to serve in whatever capacity he sees fit.

I'd like to feel like I'm making some kind of difference with my life, but I just don't feel that way right now.

• Prayers Prayers x 4
  2. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everyone has something of value to offer in the Body of Christ. The tricky part is finding other people who also recognize your gifts.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Good luck to you, Brother!

3. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have learned this truth:
    The past is past. I cannot change it and there is nothing that can be done.

The future is unknown and pure speculation as to what will be. There is nothing that can be done.

The present is the only thing that is real. I believe it was CS Lewis (or perhaps AW Tozer) who said "The place where heaven and earth meet in a real experience is in the now." We walk in the Spirit, in the now. We ask God for grace to be productive in His Kingdom, in the now.

My advice to @StefanM is to enjoy fellowship with Christ Jesus in this very present moment. Be ready, at any moment, to give an account of the hope that lies within you. Today is the opportunity that God is giving you. This very moment as you read these words is a moment where you can commune with God through the Holy Spirit. Rejoice in this moment because it is in this now moment where heaven and earth are juxtaposed in a very real experience of the Holy of Holies as you come boldly before the Throne of Grace.

Live in the moment and walk with the Spirit StefanM. "The past is gone and the future may never be, but at this moment it is Christ in me." (a line from a verse of a song I once wrote)

Be at peace, brother.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your prayers and kind words.