1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Requests for Young Man

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I need to find a wife, and so far I'm having difficulty finding any. There's plenty of women, but very few in my Church that are near my age.

For the married men here:
    How did you find your wife? Did you actively look for one, or did the feelings for that certain woman just sort of "land in your lap" one day? What are your thoughts on Christian Dating sites? If I do have to look for one, do I just go to the mall? Or a movie theater? I've listened to all of Paul Washer's Courtship videos, which are very good, but he kind of goes off the assumption that there's already a girl that you're interested in. Normally I'd ask my parents a question like this...but they met in a bar, so I'd rather not go that route...

I've been looking and praying for a wife almost every time I pray. It's coming up on 3 years since I started praying about it. I'm close to the point where I may just borrow a camel from a zoo and marry the first girl that draws water for myself and my camel. (Yes, that last part is a joke)

Edit: Also, a praise thing. I was feeling spiritually 'dry' as Stephan said, for several weeks. It's all better now. I found out my lower Ball Joint on my driver's side front wheel was going bad, and I had to drive 3.5 hours home with a worn ball joint on Sunday. Nothing drives you closer to God, and into prayer than knowing that your front tire has the possibility of falling off your truck at 65MPH!

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying brother!

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell your married Christian friends that you are looking for a wife. You'd be surprised how helpful that would be. But only tell the ones that you know well and trust enough to share things like that .

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

BT - Let me say that you are young and you have time. Work on being the servant of God you need to be, be about His work and a wife will come when God feels that you are ready.

My husband and I met when he was working with Youth for Christ as a volunteer and through my high school years, we saw each other regularly as he assisted my YFC leader in our local Campus Life club. He was working through college and I was still in high school and there was no interest in each other other than friendship. It wasn't until he was out of college and I was in my senior year of high school that we became interested and we started dating that summer after I graduated. He was out of college for a full year at that point. We were engaged the next spring and married two years after we started dating. We just celebrated 31 years of marriage this past June.

5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I wish I could give you some advice, but the first meeting between me and my wife was pretty random. I know now God was involved somehow, thankfully. We were young, she was 18 when we started dating, 19 when we married. I'm 3 years older. With the standard advice these days being to wait, I don't reckon too many people figured we'd make it long, but our 15th ann. is right around the corner.

I can't speak on dating sites from personal experience, but I have seen plenty of times when they have worked. Scarlett's advice seems the best to me, though. I'll be praying for you.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray, listen, obey.

HankD

7. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I followed y'alls advice and talked with the Pastor and a Deacon (both married and friends of mine). Pastor offered weekly meetings to help out and guide me on what to do :).

I guess I'll keep waiting and do as Annsi suggested!

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1