1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preacher... what do you take up to the pulpit to preach???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Greektim, Apr 4, 2013.

?
  1. Bible only

11.1%
  2. Bible & notes

88.9%
  3. Bible & manuscript of sermon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bible and a variety between no notes, notes, and/or manuscript

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nothing (not even Bible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Something not listed (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There should be another element to this line of questioning, for example the seminaries teach a certain way & some church organizations like mine downplay seminary edu for life experience/ HS filled mind & heart. If I understand Martyn Lloyd-Jones (who was one formally EDU not in being a pastor but as a physician) he used a HS style of preaching...though I believed he had an intellect that could sort it out prior to stepping out in the pulpit.

My good Presbyterian Pastor friend (passed on in 2001) told me he worked on a sermon for months, constantly dumping notes into the PC till he was satisfied of content, then created an outline & then would practice it alone in the church till he got it right....note he gave exceptional sermons.

So If you'd be so kind, in addition to your explaining your style, if you could explain the EDU background.

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible and notes in outline form. Don't use a pulpit, just me standing there with a bible, notes neatly tucked away to reference if needed..

3. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I was thinking about physical vs electronic Bible when preaching. What differences do you notice?