1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predestination Question

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Elk, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Elk

Elk New Member

As I am learning, I see how Predestination views are linked with the once saved always saved view.

It has given me a lot of things to think about.

One thing, I was wondering in the light of all these views on Predestination...

If a person was saved, loved God, believed in HIM fully, etc., and suddenly at the end of his life he/she lost his mind...whether it was from disease or torture or whatever, and let us say for ten years he/she didn't even know who Jesus was anymore...
    Would this person be saved still?

I believe so, but in the light of these views, what do you say?
    Just checking on what people say about this concept or situation.
    Thank you.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the eternal salvation of the individual is predicated on his understanding of the gospel and on the individual's sanity, then, he will be lost.
    But, praise God, our eternal salvation is not dependent on our limited understanding nor on the choices we make as fallen, dirty, rotten sinners.

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Our Heavenly Father has a perfect love for us. The latter verses of Romans chapter 8 speaks of what can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord: NOTHING! We would be very caring for a child that was sick or injured:
    How much more Him?

4. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Our salvation is based securely upon His actions. He has said that as many as the Father has placed in My hand I have lost none. Also said that noone can pluck us out of His hand. Pretty much sews it up for me. If you are truly His, you will remain His.

5. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Why is it that I can call a Christian friend who I have not spoken with for many years, and hear the delight in their voice over the things of God?

Why is that?

Why am I the same way? Why as each moment passes do I desire more and more of the things of God?

I did not set out to do this. I myself seem to be my own worst enemy. Part of me hates the things of God and another part of me loves nothing more. I want to be rid of the part that loves to hate. I've walked this line long enough to know that my hate always leads to a fruitless dead end, yet a part of me still seeks to do it (even thinking that it is right). Even with that knowledge he still seeks his own way.

It's a recipe for insanity. Yet I seem to be finding my way with my eyes straight ahead. And I still believe, in spite of myself.

Why is that?