1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Bush on Christianity

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Jun 4, 2004.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christianity

President Bush said he reads the Bible daily, but he confessed to The New York Times, “I don’t necessarily believe every single word is literally true.” About the evolution-creation debate, he said, “The verdict is still out on how God created the earth. I don’t use the Bible as necessarily a way to predict the findings of science.” In other words, Darwinism may be true according to President Bush.

One of his first acts as president, in February 2001, was to follow through with the Clinton administration’s campaign to shut down the Indianapolis Baptist Temple over a tax dispute. Despite the fact that churches are automatically tax-exempt according to IRS regulations, John Ashcroft and company took the church property with the approval of Mr. Bush.

He demoralized Korean and Japanese Christians by bowing down at a pagan Shinto shrine in Japan.

He has made public statement that Muslims and Christians worship the same God, contrary to the plain teaching of Scripture.

He has endorsed Ramadan, a Muslim fast, at a White House celebration.

He proposed to increase funding of the National Endowment for the Arts by 15 percent, the highest percentage increase in two decades. That’s a total of 139 million dollars in 2005 to finance art, much of which is blasphemous. (Recall the taxpayer-financed painting of a crucifix in a jar of urine.)

Not only did President Bush publicly condemn Judge Roy Moore’s actions, his chief political consultant Karl Rove spearheaded the attack against him. When Roy Moore was before Bill Pryor’s inquisition about to lose his job for his public stand for God, President Bush was in California campaigning for a pro-abortion, pro-sodomite Republican, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

If you can stand reading more of the Bush record, visit www.BushRevealed.com.

- http://daveblackonline.com/no_more_excuses1.htm

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Plus he takes a VERY unbiblical attitude in his appointment of open homosexuals.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

We are not a theocracy.

Whatever you or I may think of homosexuality, gays are Americans, too.

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bush is no Rhodes Scholar, but you don't have to be a genius to figure out that the Bible isn't a science text.

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

So are serial adulterers and habitual liars. Should they also be prime candidates for high office?

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KenH wrote, "One of his first acts as president, in February 2001, was to follow through with the Clinton administration’s campaign to shut down the Indianapolis Baptist Temple over a tax dispute. Despite the fact that churches are automatically tax-exempt according to IRS regulations, John Ashcroft and company took the church property with the approval of Mr. Bush."

First of all, the Indianapolis Baptist Temple was not shut down. Greg Dixon, the pastor, got himself carried out on a stretcher. Then he demanded that the Indianapolis Public Schools allow him to use Manual High School auditorium for his Sunday services. This from a man who was against having anything to do with the government--he met for many weeks in a government school.

Greg Dixon himself retired to Florida. His son Greg Dixon Jr. now runs the Baptist Temple at Jonathan Byrd Cafeteria in Greenwood, Indiana, a posh suburb.

Greg Dixon did not pay taxes to the IRS on his income from the Baptist Temple. He also ran a small school and did not pay taxes on his employees there as well as the other church employees such as the janitor if they had one.

The US Marshall took the property after the militia took their high-powered rifles and went back to southern Indiana. The US Marshall became so popular for taking this run-down second-class building that he was elected Sheriff of Marion County (Indianapolis), the first African-American sheriff of Marion County and the first Democrat in twenty years.

Greg Dixon went to jail many times over taxes. He was constantly in federal court. He constantly ran picket lines downtown Indianapolis over one thing or another. Indiana law required him to fill out a paper saying that he was a church--he refused every year and sent in a copy of The Holy Bible instead. Indiana never bothered with him although he clearly was trying to force a legal action from Indiana.

He once-large congregation dwindled to a handful of newcomers. On another thread, I have told how he forced the teenagers in his church to picket the US Courthouse downtown Indy the day after Thanksgiving one year in spite of the fact that it was very cold and that they were so poor that they were ill-clad for the weather.

It is true that Clinton left office without acting on Dixon, but the case had been pending for many, many years. Bush was left to do what Clinton should have done.

KenH, you are one hundred percent wrong on this issue. If you really like Greg Dixon, invite him over to your house. Be sure that you have plenty of cash to give him under the table as a love offering.

Indianapolis is the starting point for Jim Jones and Peoples Temple. We are sick of money lovers in the pulpit.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

We are not a theocracy.

Whatever you or I may think of homosexuality, gays are Americans, too.
    </font>[/QUOTE]True, but we have no need of a president with a homosexual agenda.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you critizing the American president?

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The former describes the past president, and the latter describes the current one.

Turns out that they are, whether we like it or not. But we don't have to vote for them.

There is an alternative to demopublicans.

Peroutka.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Yes. In this area (as well as a few others)he deserves criticism. I honour him as my president and will obey him as Biblically mandated, but that does not mean I must never criticise him.

Christians had no problem criticising President Clinton.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice.

You sit overseas and complain about the American President. Do you expect anyone to honor your request for a "return" to limited constitutional government when you yourself violate long-standing code of honor not to complain about the USA and the American government once you have left the American shores?

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Are you really saying that Americans living abroad lose all right to criticise their government? The First Amendment only applies to Americans living in the country?

13. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, C4K, ChurchMouthGuy is following the great tradition of demonizing those who disagree with him.

I suspect you and I don't share a good deal of politics, but we do share the American — and Baptist — belief in liberty of conscience and speech.

[ June 05, 2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Amen and thanks rsr.

Our greatness comes from our diversity.

15. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Where is it written that a leader of a country needs to be a christian? I have said from the very beginning that Bush is not a christian, yet I will still vote for him. You peroutka proponents should really wake up from wonderland and stop visiting the caterpillar on the mushroom.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that it is reprehensible for an American citizen abroad to critize his government and his country.

The great tradition of the USA has always been that politics ends at the edge of the water.

To say that you are unaware of that American tradition since 1776 is possible. However, ignorance is no excuse, and you do know that.

Politics does end at the edge of the water. If you violate that custom and tradition, then I have to conclude that you are unwise.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a remark from Front Page Magazine, hardly a liberal source:

The time-honored American tradition, whereby "politics ends at the water's edge," has historically sent a clear message to friend and foe alike that the American people, through their elected representatives, stood full square behind the armed forces and their commander-in-chief during time of war.

18. Brett

Brett New Member

It isn't reprehensible for anyone to criticize any government or any country. That's what freedom of speech is all about. C4K has every right to criticize or praise any government or nation he wishes. Some here make it seem as if non-Americans (or just as silly, Americans living overseas) have no right to criticize America. This is patently false.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder, Brett, if you critize Canada when you are living in a foreign country?

We are talking about an American political custom and tradition--it does not apply to Canada or Ireland. Canada can do as Canada pleases. But I will say this to you, Brett, those Americans who critize America while in Canada are not representative of the most noble in the American tradition and you should take them with a grain of salt.

For one thing, America is at war right now.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    CMG, I don't think that is not talking about physically being past the water's edge. It means that during a time of war we unite until the enemy is defeated.

But that concept also predated the Internet when the American people can now be much better informed and the Vietnam War when we learned that we can be led into war through deception.