1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Bush on Christianity

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Jun 4, 2004.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article I would say Log Cabin Republicans.

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

If you don't know what constitutes a non-partisan source, then isn't this a good sign that you're not able to look at this objectively?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never said I did. I try to look at all things through a Christian perspective, a Biblical worldview.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Then I guess there's nothing left to say. If you're unwilling to examine these things for yourself, instead getting your information from people who shape your opinion for you, then there's nothing I can say to you.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1)How about helping me out then, and providing me with an objective source analyzing President Bush and his actions towards homosexuals?

2)Are you saying that you do not look at issues from a Christian perspective, a Biblical worldview? Or since you evidently aim to support President Bush for reelection regardless of his actions, are you casting aside your Biblical perspective on this issue with regards to President Bush?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I don't get to talk with President Bush personally, just how am I supposed to get the information except from someone else? From whom are you getting your information on this subject of President Bush and his actions toward homosexuals?

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No. I'm not the one who brought it up and I'm not the one who has a problem with it. You and what's-his-name are the two who brought it up so it's up to the two of you to find your own sources to back up what you say.

No, I didn't say anything even remotely resembling that but thanks just the same for the insinuation.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since when is asking a question an insinuation. I'll tell you outright that I think your conscience is bothering you over this situation with President Bush and his actions toward homosexuals.

If I am incorrect, then prove that there is no problem with President Bush's actions toward homosexuals.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me and what's-his-name are satisfied with our sources and over the next five months this issue will keep being talked about whether you like the sources or not.

So you had best either be prepared to defend your position or else leave the field of play on this issue.

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Yes, that's exactly what I said. You should only get your information by talking to President Bush directly. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? I haven't said anything one way or the other about President Bush and "his actions toward homosexuals". It was you, Ken, who brought that up, not me.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you saying that nothing should be discussed about homosexuals and President Bush's actions?

Why don't you stop attacking the messenger(s) and start defending your man. My observation is that you can't defend him; that's why you are attacking the sources and why you can't come up with a source of your own.

12. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

And you are welcome to make yourself look as foolish as you like, making outrageous claims and not being able to back them up.

What position? I haven't stated a position. You two are the ones who brought it up. I just asked you to show some non-partisan sources.

Once you realized you couldn't, and then admitted that you didn't even know what a non-partisan source was, now you're mad at me?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are backed up. You just don't like the conclusion they point to.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Like you aren't trying to defend President Bush. I may have been born in the dark but it wasn't yesterday. [​IMG]

15. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

When did I say any such thing?

First of all, please show where I have attacked anyone.

Second, it's not up to me to defend anyone. You're the one who made the claims so it's your responsibility to back it up.

There's nothing to defend. I haven't made a claim to defend. What source should I come up with?

Why do I need a source to back up something I haven't said?

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I told you I don't believe there is such a thing as a non-partisan source on any issue. And, evidently, you can't find one either.

17. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Like you aren't trying to defend President Bush.</font>[/QUOTE]I merely asked you to back up your sources. That isn't defending President Bush, that's defending common sense, nor is it stating a position.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken ain't mad at nobody. [​IMG]

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) You said, "you are welcome to make yourself look as foolish as you like".

2) And I did back up the claims and you have not been able to refute them.

20. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

It's not up to me to find a source. Again, how can I provide a source for something I've never said?