1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Fearmongering

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 4, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D964UGBG0&show_article=1

Obama: Catastrophe coming if Congress doesn't act

Feb 4 02:06 PM US/Eastern
    By ANDREW TAYLOR
    Associated Press Writer Comments (59)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republicans tried to push back against the ballooning size of President Barack Obama's economic recovery plan Wednesday, even as he warned that the financial crisis will turn into "a catastrophe" if the bill isn't passed quickly.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Standard procedure for a president.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!"

Hard to lead folks by the nose until you scare them to death first - Global warming also comes to mind!!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more that is disclosed about what is in the piece of trash "stimulus" bill that stimulates nothing, the more the general public is starting to protest.

His real message is to hurry up before they figure out what is really in it.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we were to cut everything out of the budget that was not Constitutional, there would be no deficit!!!

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It would seem that now we could start talking about the O'bama Recession.

For 80 years Democrats have used Hoover Times to beat Republicans over the head, the same way they have used any attempt to rescue Social Security. It is only in the last few month that we learn that the policies of overspending and overtaxation by FDR extended the Depression until he introduced us to WWII.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Ayup!!:thumbs:

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

We did loose another 500K jobs in January. We could drag our feet and do nothing or we could come up with a solution and start digging our way out. The GOP is really digging themselves in a hole with the public.

By the way, looks like the GOP added more to the plan today with some stupid idea about $15K tax break for buying a house. I think they really don't get it. This tax incentive will only help real estate investors since no one else is buying houses and banks are not loaning money even if they wanted to buy a house.

With the cheap prices houses are going for today, if anyone had the money to buy a house they'd do it without this tax credit. These guys really don't get it, tax breaks will not get us out of this mess. The eagle isn't shifting so tax breaks will only help those with money and they will spend the same amount of money without a tax break.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More presidential fearmongering:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090205/ap_on_go_pr_wh/congress_stimulus_126
    Obama warns of need for stimulus bill right away

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama warned on Thursday that failure to act on an economic recovery package could plunge the nation into a long-lasting recession that might prove irreversible, a fresh call to a recalcitrant Congress to move quickly.

SNIP

"This recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse," Obama wrote in the newspaper piece titled, "The Action Americans Need."

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

This is different than the way Bush did it for 7 years how? Bush and Cheney is the champ at fearmongering....

11. targus

targus New Member

This seems to be an admission on your part that Obama is not a "change" but just more of the same.

12. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

This seems to be an admission on your part that you don't know anything about me... :rolleyes:

I have been one of the people around here for the last two years that have said without wavering that ALL politics are the same, they are all corrupt and they all need to go.

Now, care to back track your statement to me, or would you like to do a search on what I believe before you start to spout off.....

14. targus

targus New Member

Based on your response, I was right. :thumbsup:

You are admitting that Obama is not a change but just more of the same.

So there would be no need for me to back track on my original statement.

If you read carefully I said nothing about knowing anything about you or your beliefs. Perhaps you are reading a little too much into it.:saint:

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be fair Jamie has never claimed to support Obama and in fact has stated that he voted for Ron Paul. Based on that I am not sure there was a need for him to admit to anything.

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No, based on my response you are correct in that Obama is more of the same... It's what I have been saying for the last two years with all politics. You are NOT correct in that I finally admitted it... I have been doing that for a while now.

In order for me to admit that Obama is more of the same I would have had to state that Obama was different or would be different. I didn't so your wanting me to "admit' is clearly wrong.

No, yuo should back track or at the very least know the people you're 'calling out to admit to something"..

If you knew me then you would know I don't support Obama, but I guess you didn't care about the facts in this case....

And I don't think I am reading too much into it... I read it correctly and called you on it.

It's all good, but in the future try to least know the person you're talking about/to.

17. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Thanks! We have done battle enough for you to know me.

I did and do support Ron Paul! :)

18. targus

targus New Member

I am sorry for using the word "admit".

This was perhaps a poor choice of words on my part and I can now see where you would take meaning from it that was not intended on my part when using it.

Friends?:love2:

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There is plenty of time for [​IMG] later.

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No Problem....

Of course. :)