1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preterist heretical?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Partial preterism is a possibility - but full preterism is impossible given that there are far too many unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible. Satan now rules the world and the Millennial Kingdom has yet to be set up. The predictions of no more sorrows and tears have certainly not been fulfilled...

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Grasshopper, your entire theology can be summed up with one passage-

2Peter
    3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

I can show you plenty of scripture that shows you will be left behind, but it won't matter to you, because Satan has you thinking the entire Bible has already happened. I'm not going to go through these tired arguments with you. You have plenty of wood to build your preterist house with, but we will see if the foundation holds. If you can think of any millennium-shattering OT prophecies that I havent read yet, let me know. When you have the kingdom ready for Jesus, let Him know.

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. Hebrews 1:1-2 tells us the last days were in the days of Christ.

2. Am I asking where is the promise of His coming? I accept that He did as He said. You are the one still waiting.

Of course your not. You are just like DD, when it comes time to actually answer my questions you "check out". At least you do so without name-calling.
    Here is another question, do Is. 65 and 66 describe this coming Kingdom? I'll just assume this question will also go unanswered.

4. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Yep, it didn't take me very long, once I started studying this , to realize the intellectual argument is on the preterist side of the ledger. In another 20 years Dispies will be far and few between. They will be much like the KJVOnly crowd.
    Funny thing about DD is that many of his pre-mill theologians held many preterist views concerning the Olivet Discourse and Revelation.

Look forward to discussing partial-pret. vs. full pret. with you when you've gotten a good feel for it. Check out John Noe's book "Beyond the End Times".

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Yes, there is in Isaiah 65 and 66 description of the kingdom.

6. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

So it comes after the destruction of this heaven and earth and occurs in the New Heaven and Earth? (Is. 65:17)

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Do you suppose these are talking about the same thing? There will be natural people living in the kingdom who are going to be reigned over by righteous believers. After the kingdom there is a new heaven and a new earth created in which there is no more death. Call this eternity, the last day, what have you. The kingdom will certainly be a new heaven and a new earth, as this one will be destroyed upon the Lord's coming, the heavens will pass with a great noise and the elements will melt with a fervent heat, hallelujah!

8. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Is. 65:17 says the New Heavens and new Earth come BEFORE the Kingdom. Do you believe in 2 New Heavens and New Earths? One before the Kingdom and one after the Kingdom?

9. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

New Heavens and New Earth refer to a time of refreshing. When Christ comes, the earth will be refreshed. After the GWT judgment, the earth will be remade.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

I have it, but haven't read it yet.

12. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Is it a literal/physical New Heaven and Earth? Is it the same found in Revelation 21:1?

13. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

If you ever want to kill a thread, just ask a dispie if the New Heavens and New Earth of Is. 65 and 66 are the same as the New Heaven and New Earth of Revelation 21.

14. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

What if they arent?

15. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Are they? Are they both physical New Heavens and New Earths?

16. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

At this point I do not believe they are the same new heaven and new earth.

17. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Fair enough. Are they Physical?

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Physical? Yes, I believe so.

19. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

So God will create a New Heaven and Earth then destroy it and create another New Heaven and Earth? When do these things happen?

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I think at the beginning of the millennium, and then after the millennium. I can't wait for the punch line [​IMG]