1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prison Fellowship

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Repent62, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Repent62

Repent62 New Member

Despite an impressive record of turning prisoner's lives around a faith-based program operated by Prison Fellowship is being challenged in federal court as unconstitutional.

http://bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=21948

KJV Only! [​IMG]

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

If I understand this correctly, they are not objecting to Christian fellowship in the prison, but rather to state funding of it, and to the "lithmus test." I have problems with the lithmus test myself. In one prison I know of the Chaplain only approves access to the prison to ministers of his own denomination.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Forget about society and the criminals in the streets. Just tie up the courts for such ridiculous court caes trying to abolish those programs which are working and doing good.

4. Vasco

Vasco New Member

There are many similar ministries in Brasil, but with a BIG difference. First, keep in mind, in Brasil, the jail is not like here. It is as you say, the inmates run the assylum. The guards pretty much are there to keep the prisoners in line, but the inmates do what they want. Well, there are prisoners, and these are before very bad people, murders and rapists, who become save, turn to the Lord, and then preach to other prisoners to save them too. The preachers are also prisoners, which shows them I too can be saved. Some of them will never leave jail because of what they did, but they serve the Lord.

5. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

thank God for His mercy we are all murderers in a sense without Christ the Messiah we are all doomed praise God for His mercy forever more

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I am opposed to the church using government money to evangelize. This hurts the church because invariably there are strings attached.