1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Provacative but challenging video

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

This has come from Richard Bennett, former Roman Catholic priest turned Reformed Baptist! hahaha...

Do we have the humility to hear this man's testimony in regard to the evangelical message? You might disagree with him, but do you have the humility to hear his testimony?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4292168417965108081&hl=en

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I actually heard him in person when he spoke in this area last year. He gave several talks, including on the topics of how the Roman Catholic church is wrong, the Emerging Church, and how mysticism is creeping into the evangelical church through the embracing of Roman Catholic ideas and mysticism.

3. ReformedBaptist

Very cool. I have spoken to Richard on the phone. Seemed to me to be a great brother in Christ. What did you think?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I saw a program recently with him. I can't remember if it was online or on TV. I enjoyed the show. He spoke about how the RCC is the whore of Babylon in Revelation. How the Antichrist is the Pope.

He said the woman in this verse is the RCC (referring to the Inquisition)

Rev 17:6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

He also said this verse refers to the Bishops and something else (I can't remember their names) and showed a picture of many of them in one place and it was a sea of scarlet and purple.

Rev 17:4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication.

Do you agree with his assessment of the RCC being the harlot?

5. ReformedBaptist

I think he may well be right. His assessment, I think, is nothing different than what the Reformed confessions have stated.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I think so. I have a lot of respect for him - he loves the Lord and God's word.

I don't agree with all his views (such as what Amy posted), but he spoke with a heartfelt sincerity and showed deep respect for and love of Christ and the word of God.

Btw, his assistant videotaped me giving my testimony and it was supposed to be on his site somewhere, but I haven't heard nor tried to check it out (I only got high speed connection very recently).

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I tend not to agree with this (at least now) although it may be that some of what the RCC believes and teaches is part of this.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, it seemed to make sense, but a lot of people disagree. When he was talking about all the people who were tortured to death for refusing to bow to the RCC during the Inquisition, by the Popes (80 during a 600 year period), the harlot spoken of in Rev. certainly seemed to be the Papal system.

(Did that make sense? What a run-on sentence! :laugh:)

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nope, trace the Harlot back to the OT to learn her identity.

Jer 3:6 The LORD said to me in the days of King Josiah: "Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the whore?
    Jer 3:7 And I thought, 'After she has done all this she will return to me,' but she did not return, and her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
    Jer 3:8 She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the whore.
    Jer 3:9 Because she took her whoredom lightly, she polluted the land, committing adultery with stone and tree.
    Jer 3:10 Yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah did not return to me with her whole heart, but in pretense, declares the LORD."

The RCC hasn't killed a saint in centuries.

10. ReformedBaptist

I came, I looked, I saw...it doesn't fit. :laugh:

11. skypair

skypair Active Member

I go beyond agreeing --- I see Korazim in 2000 AD as the scene John saw in Rev 17:3-4! The beast is not yet seen as a person/AC but the rest -- the wilderness, the glitz, the cup, etc. --- it was all there including, much to my shock, the upside down cross on the papal chair!

skypair