1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proverbs 23:31

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by His Blood Spoke My Name, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

A direct quote from you as requested

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I will pray for you and please forgive me if I hurt you.

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

No I do not

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I apologize Tim; I guess I did say it. Forgive me for saying you mistated me. I still say God said they would gather the oil from the fields and not gather olives and process them into oil. Why God said it that way I don't know but He had a reason and who am I to change His word.

5. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

DeeJay, as the link I posted shows, the olive press was often right at the orchard and the olives were pressed right there for the oil. So to say they gathered the oil from the fields as the Scriptures say is accurate.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I have not doubt that the press was at the orchard. I do doubt they drug it around from tree to tree. I think the press was in one place on the orchard and the olives were gathered and brought to the press.

I also say they gathered oil from the field is accurate
    as oil is the product they were going for. They were not growing olives for olives but for oil. Same with grapes.

7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

You want to be so litteral with the oil. Like it was oil right from the picking. But you do not want to be litteral with wine. As in the grapes turned to wine right from the picking. When it says oil it has to be oil right now, thats Gods word. BUT when it says wine, well you see it really means grapes and it just calls them wine because.............?????

I dont think I am misreprisenting Gods Word (that I believe in very much) To think that He called olives oil and grapes wine because that is the product they were growing. That was the end product they were selling or useing. It was a orchard or vineyard for wine and oil not a grape farm and olive orchard.

I am going to go home now. I have worked a double and am :sleeping_2:

8. Diggin in da Word

Isaiah 65:8 Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

Since it is speaking of new wine in the cluster, it cannot be talking of a wine that has fermented, for fermentation is through age.

Wine can mean the fresh (new) juice of the grape

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I have not denied that. I do not argue that. I will even consead grapes can be wine.

But the wine at the last supper was alcohol

10. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

This thread, which is going nowhere, should have been closed a long, long time ago, just like all the other diatribes of human wisdom about alcohol that seem to go on endlessly without any resolution.

I'm tired. It's late. I think I'll go polish off that bottle of wine I started over dinner and see if that doesn't help me get to sleep. :smilewinkgrin:

(O.K. I'll duck now...........)

11. Diggin in da Word

If you go down the next post, the person who opened the thread requested it be closed, yet moderators kept it open

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

This thread has exceeded the allowable 30 page limit for debate.

Bro. David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.