1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PSYCHICS

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by LorrieGrace, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Paul SAID (IN SCRIPTURE)

IN HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING AS ((((YOUR OWN POETS HAVE SAID)))))

Can't get any clearer then that DHK. Try finding that in scripture its not there. He used THEIR WORDS (As it is written).

No kidding it was an offense SOME BELIEVED and some did not... thats reality, even of the jews some believed and some did not. Welcome to reality.

God bless

Seth3

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Seth3, Paul was merely pointing out the omnipresence of God. He then went on to clarify who this God is and that sinners need a savior. He was not preaching pantheism.

3. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Back to Sylvia. I have watched her sometimes and she usually wears a cross that is upside down. It's disguised with some other stuff, but if you look closely, you can see it around her neck.

Of course, I can't watch her too long because it grieves my spirit.

An upside down cross is used in satanic rituals.

In my opinion she is not of God.

Peace,

Tam

4. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

From what I understand, though I could be wrong myself because its not scripture but from what I hear, Peter was crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to be crucified in the same way as the Lord. Don't know...and its neither here nor there with the discussion.

I simply see people as people those who know Him and those who do not. They aren't someone to fear to me, because I know greater is He who is within me then he thats in the world.

God bless

Seth3

5. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Someone needs a course in biblical interpretation, history, and the geographic layout of the place of crucifixion. Also, this statement is gnostic in its essence. This whole thread is filled with allegorizing the Word, making it of no effect or authority. When you do that there is no possibility of discussion because the one who allegorizes the Scripture has already taken the liberty to make the Word say whatever they want.

Bro Tony

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Someone needs a course in biblical interpretation, history, and the geographic layout of the place of crucifixion. Also, this statement is gnostic in its essence. This whole thread is filled with allegorizing the Word, making it of no effect or authority. When you do that there is no possibility of discussion because the one who allegorizes the Scripture has already taken the liberty to make the Word say whatever they want.

Bro Tony
    </font>[/QUOTE]AMEN !! [​IMG]

7. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Yeah I'm sure YOU do... The Natural mind of the Pharisees Just couldn'y recieve the SPIRIT of Christ. They are always hostile to Him... Always the Religious man. Ever hear of ENEMIES in our minds?

Actually... The scriptures say teaching Christ with HUMAN WISDOM depletes the Cross of Christ of its power... So you gotta take that into consideration.

God Bless

Seth3

8. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Tamborine Lady,

I have never noticed that before but it sounds like something she would do. I am gonna watch next time she is on. I have seen her tell people to shut up and sit down if they try to go against her. I think she is rude and vulgar and am surprised Montel thinks so highly of her. Maybe it is a ratings thing, I don't know. But he is promoting it by acting like she REALLY knows what she is talking about. She just plain creeps me out.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Think about what you say before you post, Seth. You just said, or at least implied, that both Tony and I are unsaved Pharisees. Did you really mean that? Then you shouldn't be posting with those kind of remarks.
    You imply that you alone have the only interpretation to Scripture, that it is a secret interpretation--allegorical, and that no one else but you can understand it. That is gnositicsm, as Tony rightly identified, a heretical sect of the early centuries.

Again you say or imply that we "teach Christ with human wisdom." Why the slurs? Are you unable to address the Scripture directly? Does study of the Word of God bother you? Jesus Himself said to search the Scriptures. This is something that you don't seem to want to do. Instead you attack others, and infer that you are all knowledgeable with your allegorical and gnostic interpretations.
    This kind of attitude does not promote good discussion or debate among posters.
    DHK

10. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Tony Says (to which ofcourse DHK agrees)

Someone needs a course in biblical interpretation, history, and the geographic layout of the place of crucifixion.

Seth3 replies

I’m sure Jesus said, “Go therefore get a degree and learn heumectrics and obtain ordination papers by learning from men” I know that’s gotta be in there somewhere, can you point this out to me?

Tony quotes Seth3 on THIS...

OUR MINDS Killed Him why do you think Gogaltha is called, "the place of the Skull"?

Seth3 explains

I think its more important to get “Spiritual understanding” by comparing Spiritual with spiritual as Paul himself says.. Because the Natural mind cannot receive the things of “THE SPIRIT”.

Well you have to Tell God that who defines what and where Jerusalem is SPIRITUALLY here...

John 19:17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called THE PLACE OF THE SKULL, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:

1Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and ENEMIES IN YOUR MIND by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the GREAT CITY, which SPIRITUALLY CALLED SODOM AND EGYPT, WHERE ALSO OUR LORD WAS CRUCIFIED.

(Hint- He was crucified in Jerusalem in the natural BUT there seems to show a SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING HERE.

Tony also says,

Also, this statement is gnostic in its essence. This whole thread is filled with allegorizing the Word, making it of no effect or authority.

Seth3 replies

1Corinth 1:17… to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Corinth 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1Corinth 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Col 1:9 that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Tony says,
    When you do that there is no possibility of discussion because the one who allegorizes the Scripture has already taken the liberty to make the Word say whatever they want.

Seth3 replies

God teaches and scripture is pretty clear its Spiritual words expressing Spiritual truths. Unless you are as confused (or as certain as these)

John 7:52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? SEARCH (The scriptures) AND LOOK (At the natural): for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.

1Corinth 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

If anyone could read and understand scriptures you wouldn’t need the Mind of Christ then would we?

God bless

Seth3

[ November 02, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Seth3 ]

11. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

DHK,

No slurs, I'm answering you directly from scripture as YOU adress me. I'm simply answering you as I feel led to using the scriptures.

Scriptures aren't slurs.

God bless

Seth3

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No kidding Seth,
    Scripture doesn't consist of slurs at all does it:

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

13. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Yes DHK,

THAT is Truth to WHOM it speaks and not a slur. Pharisees always percieved IN THEMSELVES when Jesus was speaking to them.

But the Fire of Gods word does not hurt overcomers in Christ.

God bless

Seth3

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The point is Seth, that I can address Acts 13:10 to you, and in doing so call you a child of the devil, as it does; in the same way that your previous post referred to Tony and I as unsaved Pharisees. There are plenty of "slurs" in the Bible, and I reckon I can find them faster then you can so I wouldn't try playing that game. It is not very edifying to call each other names. To say that your quoting Scripture while at the same time calling someone a name is NOT spiritual as you seemed to imply. It is infantile. Grow up.
    DHK

15. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Scriptures aren't slurs they are percieved as accusations only against those to whom His words is against.

God bless

Seth3

[ November 02, 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Seth3 ]

16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Seth,

Your unfounded use of the term pharisee, when you know neither myself or DHK is evidence of your self-righteous view of yourself and your mystical understanding of the Scriptures.

The Holy Spirit gives clear meaning and understanding of the Scriptures, they are God's message to His people, and He intended for us to understand them. You continually add a gnostic and mystic interpretation to the Scripture and call it spiritual. Well I might agree that it is spiritual, but what spirit? The Holy Spirit does not turn the clear meaning of the Scripture into a hodge-podge of allegories. The words given by God are not meaningless, nor is their meaning hidden in mysticism. They are clearly given to bring us to Christ and then to teach us how to live in Christ.

With the way you approach Scripture, do you believe in the "literal" virgin birth, resurrection, return of Christ, heaven, hell. Or is all that just terms and occurances that are clouded in mystical allegories?

If you would like to keep up the discussion you can leave the name calling out and deal with the issues.

Bro Tony

17. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Marcia,

Today I was visiting a hospice patient and her roommate had a tv show called Charmed on. The were talking about one of the girls "wiccaning", I think. Do you know what that is? Thanks

18. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Tony says,

Your unfounded use of the term pharisee, when you know neither myself or DHK is evidence of your self-righteous view of yourself and your mystical understanding of the Scriptures.

Seth replies,

I was simply sharing, DHK started with the casting slurs and heritical teaching around and calling it foolishness etc. So I showed from scripture that spiritual things are considered that to some especially Pharisees who judge others. I see it relate. You too cast insults and mocked so you do not hold yourself to the standard you want me to accept YOUR standard… now that IS Pharisitical in nature wouldn’t you agree?

Tony says

The Holy Spirit gives clear meaning and understanding of the Scriptures, they are God's message to His people, and He intended for us to understand them.

Seth3 replies,

Absolutely I agree The Spirit gives understanding, I agree completely.

Tony says
    You continually add a gnostic and mystic interpretation to the Scripture and call it spiritual.

Seth3 replies,

How so, what is Gnostic and Mystic I’m unfamiliar with the terms others use to label people with and how have I shown this through any of the scriptures I have shared and how in scripture can you show me where I err?

Tony says

Well I might agree that it is spiritual, but what spirit?

Seth3 replies,

Now Tony, have you just corrected me by way of implication just earlier and now you contradict your own self? What Spirit? Want to SAY IT?

First off You agree WITH SCRIPTURE seeing it as Spiritual not with me. The Spirit Testifies of Christ, as I DO, the Spirit of the posts are about FAITH. If that if seen as Anti anything in Christ I would love you to show this in scripture. I have not quoted laws or license on anything I simply see the Testimony of Jesus Christ which IS the Spirit of prophecy. I also see ALL THINGS SUMMED UP IN CHRIST (as the scriptures say) You have yet to show me my error just cast insults on it and mock. I haven’t but YOU have, this is readable to everyone on the thread.

Tony says

The Holy Spirit does not turn the clear meaning of the Scripture into a hodge-podge of allegories.

Seth3 Replies,

There you go again, Paul also said the gospel can be veiled as well but the Holy Spirit who is Spirit teaches us the Spiritual truth of the Spiritual words expressed in scripture.
    I think Paul the Apostle was led by the Spirit and he was the first to use as you say (Allegories) in fact its loaded with them, how do you see otherwise? I simply followed through and searched them out and found Paul to be true in regards to spiritual things. Paul talked about Carnal babes IN CHRIST who could only receive the milk of the word but had not grown past babes to receive the meat of it, this comes when through the milk we leave the elemental principles (as Paul said to) and go on to perfection. Not only had could they not receive meat but had to be retaught AGAIN by Paul. Its scriptural.

Tony says,

The words given by God are not meaningless,

Seth3 replies

No one said they were in fact I find great Spiritual value (The Spirit is Life) in them. Eye hath not seen nor ear hath heard what God has prepared for those who love Him, but He has indeed revealed this by His Spirit. I rejoice in these things. I agree with no doubt I have tasted His goodness and seen our God is GOOD.

Tony says

nor is their meaning hidden in mysticism. They are clearly given to bring us to Christ and then to teach us how to live in Christ.

Seth3 replies,

I do not understand the mystic implication, I simply see Christ . The scriptures do teach of Christ and washing our minds with the knowledge of the truth helps us in understanding the life given to us (within us) in Christ.

Tony says,

With the way you approach Scripture, do you believe in the "literal" virgin birth, resurrection, return of Christ, heaven, hell. Or is all that just terms and occurances that are clouded in mystical allegories?

Seth3 replies

Yes they are the foundation I built upon. BUT I also see just as Christ was born of a woman under the law He also is born in us (or shall I say Formed in us) and we grow up in Him . Yes I believe in the Resurrection That’s Christ Himself we take part in the Resurrection. The Kingdom of Heaven, Yes of course I believe in the Kingdom of Heaven as Jesus shared on it and who can and cannot see it yes.

Tony says,

If you would like to keep up the discussion you can leave the name calling out and deal with the issues.

Seth3 replies,

I was sharing concerning the present issues when you came in and mocked and insulted myself. I did not but YOU did, reread your response which was not very kind or fruitful to the discussion now was it? Now your upset because I show through scripture how I see this as Pharisitical. That’s a double standard you do not hold yourself accountable for but you do me? That’s questionable. Lets talk “issues” what are the “issues” you desire to discuss?

God Bless

Seth3

19. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Seth,

I called you no names. I spoke of your approach to the Scripture as being gnostic in nature and mystical in interpretation rather than literal. I spoke of your self-righteousness in referring to others as pharisees. As you said anyone can read your above responses and the way you relate Scripture to see what I said is true. I did not call you a gnostic or a mystic, you may or may not be, but your approach to Scripture surely are both gnostic and mystical.

That is the issue. I sure you don't see it as you feel all you are doing is seeing Christ in everything, but you are clearly reading hidden messages into the literal Scripture that is not there. And you also clearly feel, by your statements, that if others don't see it your way they are not being spiritual.

Bro Tony

BTW--I did not ask you about the "Kingdom of Heaven", I asked you about whether you believe in a literal heaven and hell. I noticed you changed my terminology about heaven and did not answer about hell.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The immediate reply of Seth:
    What was in Tony's post that (that I reposted and said Amen to), that caused you to infer that we were unsaved Phairsees, taught Christ with our own human wisdom, depleting the Cross of Christ if its power, etc. Why these false accusations? Why the slurs? What was in Tony's post that caused you to respond in this manner?
    DHK

[ November 03, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]