1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Public Opinion Snapshot: The United States Needs a New Image

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 16, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

If you look at the graphs, it seems that our image has gone down significantly under the Bush administration, i.e. the conservatives. We had almost the entire world on our side in sympathy for the 9/11 attacks and then we invaded Iraq with minimal support from our allies and very little discussion with the world at large. That's what caused the large drop from 2002 to 2006 not the "liberals." Let me say that I don't support abortion or other abuses against the sanctity of life. I also don't support homosexual marriage or same sex unions. You seem to paint those who don't agree with the radical right with the same brush. That's incorrect and naive.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. There was an outpouring of sympathy after 9/11 and that was totally wasted by the current administration. So much good could have been done with that good will. I truely believe that the decision to invade Iraq was made before 9/11 and that was simply the excuse used. It was a terrible mistake and we will continue to pay the price for decades to come.

We remember good presidents for what they did. We remember bad presidents for how long it takes to clean up the mess they left. We are in a huge mess internationally, domestically and economically. I will not live long enough to see all these messes cleaned up.:tonofbricks: