1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pump first than pay?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Dec 21, 2011.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Yep, golly, it's always been that way so, gee-wiz, it must be good! Just tell them there stupid business owners to go somewhere else where there is less government intrusion.

Actually...that is what is happening in places like the Northeast and California (and the US in general). Businesses are setting up shop elsewhere because they are tired to government intrusion. We should be fighting for less government and less regulations, not just accepting things because "it's always been this way".

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I did not know anyone even allowed someone to pump before they payed as that seems really dumb to me to allow such. In this area we cannot. If we do not use a credit card at the pump we have to walk in and pay first or the pump will not work.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I know of one station in my area that lets me pump first then pay, but I am a regular customer and purchase about $100 worth of diesel fuel a week.

I call the station manager Achmed the BP Terrorist... He laughs and gives me a free donut. :laugh:

On almost all the other stations I've used in, oh, about 30 states one pays first or slides the card, then pumps.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>Municipal welfare?? I don't get it.

No very complicated. The government mandates that local businesses hire unnecessary employees who are paid minimum wage.

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

I guess I am the sheltered one then, I assumed it was pump first then pay most everywhere.

I have pumped a tank full and found I did not have my wallet on me. I just told them and paid the next time I came by, they just held the ticket behind the counter for me. I guess our small town is no longer typical.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My local gas stations let you pay before or after pumping. I used to get a better price in the next town, but all their gas stations went to pre-pay so I stopped going there. When I complained, the cashier told me they had to do it because they were having at least 10 or 12 drive-offs every single day and were losing money.