1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about Baptist Church Attendance.

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by dianetavegia, Dec 18, 2004.

?
  1. Yes

93.1%
  2. No

6.9%
  3. Does not apply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Will you be in church Sunday? Which church?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Tomorrow is Sunday. I hope you'll be in church!

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Been in Fayetteville, Ga for the week and flew back home today. I was unable to attend services. First time I've missed church, aside from the rare sickness, in probably 2 years. I really missed it too.

I did take my bible and some hymnals with me thoug, so I had a little service, singing and all, on the plane.

It's great to be back.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is an ambiguity in question #2, which reads, "I call myself a Baptist here on this forum but do not attend a Baptist church." Well, if we call ourselves a Baptist here on this forum, and DO attend a Baptist church, should our answer be "No," or "Does not apply"? I think it should be "No," but it is obvious most voters chose "Does not apply," because the large majority in question #1 said they are Baptist and will attend a Baptist church this week.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Alcott, we have people who will join as a Baptist and then later change their profile to admit they are Catholic (just last week) or other denominations. That was why that question was needed and worded that way.

6. Pete

Pete New Member

I'm Baptist and God willing will be at church on Sunday [​IMG]

Missed last week :( Mum was bit crook so we stayed home that day :( Although I never like to see her sick, I thank God it wasn't any of the previous weeks. We finished Sunday school for school holidays Sunday before last.

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

I'm a baptist and go to a baptist church. We are meeting tonight, Christams Eve, this Sunday, Wednesday night and New Year's Eve.

8. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I'm non-Baptist (Mennonite Brethren) and this coming weekend I'll be visiting relatives for the Christmas holidays and so not attending my home church on Sunday.

Asking this question so close to Christmas probably skews the results a bit. ;)

9. Bro. James Reed

Pete, what does 'bit crook' mean??? :confused:

10. Pete

Pete New Member

oops [​IMG]

When Aussies use the word "crook" most of the time we mean "sick", not "Richard M Nixon" ;)

11. Turpius

Turpius New Member

I'm not Baptist and will try to make it to whatever fundamentalist/evangelical church happens to be reachable if the streets are plowed enough by Sunday.

12. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I am Baptist and am looking forward to attending Church Christmas Day and Boxing Day. [​IMG]

Turpius, I thought you were Baptist :confused: Can't figure out how I thought you were when you say you are not. :confused: :rolleyes: [​IMG]

Sheila

13. Bro. James Reed

Pete, I ain't never seed that word used thataway.

You peoples sure does talk funny, dontcha?

[​IMG]

14. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Sheila,

I used to attend a Baptist Church in town, but haven't been to one in months. I've never considered myself Baptist, although I'm probably closer to it theologically than any other particular group. Maybe my friendship with Roger threw you off. :D

Merry Christmas

Ken

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sheila, probably because Turpius is a friend of Rogers.

It's okay Ken! We'll convert you yet. LOLOL

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I'm as Baptist as they get - but as the old saying goes;

"Some of my best friends are not Baptists ;) ."

17. Pete

Pete New Member

Come on Down Under mate, we'll learn ya how to understand proper torkin! Fair dinkum! :D

18. Jim

Jim New Member

Like Diane said, we attend Sunday School and church and take Nick to his discipleship class on Sunday late afternoon. We help with that class. We always attend on Wednesday nights and try to never miss visitation on Tuesday.

Jim Tavegia

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We actually TEACH Sunday School together. Jim and I teach the 4 year olds. We have 27 on role. Jim goes to prayer meeting on Wednesday and I'm the AWANA Cubbie Director. He used to be a leader and listener with AWANA (2 years) but when he had to be away a lot of Wednesday's, gave it up.

We rotate every 3 months in our Extended Session Time with the children who are too young for children's church.

20. Dale

Dale New Member

lol, some of my best friends are Independant Lutherans. I know, sounds unusual but that is what they are. To be honest, IMHO, they are more doctrinaly sound in some areas than a lot of Baptists.