1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for KJVOs"like me" can we translate from.....

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by azguitarist, Mar 2, 2005.

1. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

su wei the isan bible project as least from what i read only stated that we have it perfect in the originals....and since those no longer exist we dont have gods perfect word so who knows whats been changed!!

2. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Ever hear this? cant make a copy from a copy? go read the Bible God himself placed copys in the Bible!!!!!!!

3. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i'm agreed. Thank God we don't worry about God's promise to preserve His Word, amen?

I believe the isan project folks are KJV too. look at the Thai King James bible link i put above. The title alone says that it was translated from the KJV.

4. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

see if i read the "beliefs" section right on the isan proj... AMEN

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Which edition of the KJV would you suggest a missionary use for "word for word" perfect translational work noting the myriad of changes in each edition. Let's make it easy and only choose the four major editions:

1611 (Oxford of Cambridge)
    1762 Cambridge
    1769 Oxford
    1850's (not sure of the exact year) Nelson

Which of these (or possibly another) is the "word for word" perfect KJV edition free of any spelling, typo, or printer errors?

If we are going to make EVERY translation in the world based on the KJV we better make sure we get the right one.

Please don't answer a question with a question this time.

6. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

LOL see all that you folks can do is attack the KJV. the Question you asked was in sarcasm.However
    I would use the bible that Has the correct text in mark12:1, and vari. other proof text rendered correctly.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

In other words guitar, you will not tell me which KJV is the perfect, word for word edition?

8. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

And since you say that a ?myriad? oh well however you spelled it of changes you say we dont have Gods Word in English.Both you and I are aware of the "changes" you speak of and there is no need to discusse them here,as they are nominal,Btw I have and have seen what you are speaking of.you make that statment to "pull rank" and it doesnt work when one is well versed in Gods Holy word.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

10. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

P.S the KJV is recieved text......

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

In other words, guitar, you are not going to tell us exactly wich edition of the KJV is word for word perfect?

12. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Because it faithfully is equal to the copy of the originals.

13. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

I did tell you.see above...

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Please refer us to the one "received text" that the KJV translators used guitar.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You gave us some vague reference to translation - please - I want to use the right Bible. In my ignorance I do not know which rendering is correct.

Please pardon my stupidity and spell out for me which KJV edition is letter for letter, word for word, punctuation mark for punctuation mark perfect so that I don't fall into heinous error.

A simple answer for my simple mind would be greatly appreciated.

16. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

LOL this is Great.and I got to go to bed. Ok first of all lets get back to the topic. can we translate from the KJV? the answer so far seems to be {If you dont believe we have it word perfect in english then we cant.} {if you believe we have it word perfect in english then we can.}Due to the fact I know 2 languages and work in them all the time I know,

#1.TRANSLATION IS POSSIBLE.

#2.TRANSLATION OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS IS DONE ALL THE TIME AND THE SAME TRANSLATIONS ARE THEN TRANSLATED INTO ANOTHER LANGUAGE FOR THE PURPOSE OF LAW AND COURTS AND COMERCE AND MANY OTHER THINGS.

#3.THERE IS A RIGHT AND A WRONG.

#4.NO GREY AREAS EXIST.

#5. 2 PLUS 2 IS 4.

#6. THE BELIEF THAT WE DONT HAVE GODS PERFECT WORD REMOVES THE AUTHORITY FROM THE SCRIPTURES AND THEREFORE PLACES THAT UPON MAN WHO IN TIME WILL DO "THAT WHICH IS RIGHT IN HIS OWN EYES"

#7.THE BELIEF THAT WE DO HAVE GODS PERFECT WORD ENABLES US TO SPEAK WITH SHURE AND STEDFAST WORDS

#8JUST LIKE WE KNOW FOR A PERFECT INERRANT FACT THAT GODS SALVATION IS 100% PERFECT WE ARE ABLE TO APPLY THAT TO EVERY LOST SOUL ON THIS PLANET AND THAT WITH OUT A SINGLE CRACK IN THE PERFECT FOUNDATION,

#9.WHITH THE WORD OF GOD AS PERFECT WE NOW HAVE A PERFECT FOUNDATION UPON WHICH WE CAN BUILD OUR CHRISTIAN GODLY LIFES,AND CAN SAY WITH AUTHORITY "THIS IS PERFECTLY WHAT GOD WANTS WITH MY LIFE" AND FOLLOW IT WITH NO RESERVE.

#10.TO QUOTE A GOOD SONG, "IF WHEN YOU READ IT-YOU FIND SOMETHINGS WRONG-THEN SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH YOU.

#11. GOOD NIGHT.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I guess I have to wait till guitarist wakes up to find out which pefectly perfect edition of the KJV must be used for translational work :( .

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

To return to a serious discussion.

Every language group on earth deserves the privilage that English speakers have. What is that? A translation of the scriptures in their own tongue translated from the very best body of texts in the original languages.

They deserve more than a secondary or tertiary translation. How would English speakers react if we only depended on a translation of Luther's German Bible into English?

It is the epitome of arrogance to suggest that English is God's standard for translational work today.

19. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Please point out the problem with any translations of Mk. 12:1. Am I overlooking something here?

Yours,

Bluefalcon