1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for PCC student

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by JRG39402, Aug 23, 2006.

1. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

For those who have attended Pensacola Christian College, how often are hurricanes a problem? Let's please limit the discussion to the weather.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Wellllll

I guess that means discussing SEC football is out of the question . . .

What other huricanes would you want to know about?

;)

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I doubt that you really want to ask a student . . . their overall experience of four years could have been good or bad - since hurricane weather is like that.

You probably want a life long veteran - like a farmer that makes his living off of knowing how bad or good it has really been.

Or you can check out the Tribune article.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

My daughter was there for four years (2002-2006). The only problem was Ivan who hit PCC just about head on. There is a huge debate about how it was handled, but there were no students injured as a result of the storm.

5. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Just Curious

What team in the SEC is known as the Hurricanes??

By the way, P'cola was devastated by Ivan. The recovery process has been slow but steady. It is now mostly business as usual.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I was there in May. The campus looks splendid. I did notice some of the scars of the storm in the city.

I was impressed that despite all of the prophets of doom classes were only cancelled for a couple of days. My daughter went back to Alabama on Friday after the Thursday and I think they were back in class on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am not a big PCC fan. Would not be in favour of my other kids going there, but IMHO they did a fantastic job with Ivan and its aftermath.

7. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I was going to say that there are bigger problems than hurricanes to worry about, but this was only supposed to be a weather related thread.

C4K, could you PM me and tell me why you are not a big fan and wouldn't want your other kids to go there? Thanks in advance. I'm a pastor and this information is helpful.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

True, but the poster is from the vicinity . . .

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Apologies for any of my comments which may have been taken as off topic. Mods feel free to delete or edit any of my posts.

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

http://www.hurricanecity.com/city/pensacola.htm

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You might want to add hurricanes like camille that almost hit pensacola and killed 5,000 people . . .

Andrew . . .

Donna . . .

Hugo . . . (a 'smaller' one that did a lot of damage )

;)

I was 820 - 880 miles away . . . and I remember a few of these . . . did I say a few - I remember all of them . . . the one I slept through was bigger than andrew, hugo, and might have been bigger than camille . . .