1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question posed to me on blocking

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Herald, Sep 10, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

How does he know this, since the "ignore" function is private to one's own screen, meaning he can't see who has ignored whom?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second that motion...... If your friend was here long enough & conversing / rolls eyes, with some in here, then he or she would have a much better understanding. By playing peek a boo & then making judgmental commentary, they are not totally experiencing, not engaging & not participating. So if ya like apples...... how bout those apples? :smilewinkgrin:

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I want to meet this horse of which you speak. Could probably produce quite a bit of glue out of him. [​IMG]

I was KIDDING for you PETA enthusiasts.

Or was I? [​IMG]

4. Herald

Herald New Member

Because people brag about it and threaten it. He pointed out a specific instance in which this happened. That is how the discussion started.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A White Horse I think ..... but you take your pick (there are 4 to choose) & you will find it in Revelations 6.... so take your pick. :laugh: Only dont try the "Glue" crack with these creatures.... least I wouldnt. :D

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A golf buddy perhaps.....someone you'd share Taylor Ham & Eggs with probably right! Somebody so close youd travel to Joisey to see & play golf with? Hmmmmm!!!!:tongue3:

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

We already have a room for that and it is called the BB and you've accused many here of such behavior. Go create another room for those of your ilk, and since you don't like the behavior of others, but love the behavior of yourself, put an end to reading posts and from posters you hold disdain for.

It's really that simple.

Self-righteous finger pointing is also ungodly. In all honesty from what I see from your posts, and in threads originated from you and all else, this is unfortunately your m.o. -- finger pointing to the extreme.

But not by the neo-pharisees who think themselves righteous and condemn others.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

A very good picture you paint. I would have saved myself a lot of grief by doing so quite a while ago instead of continuing to argue. I literally put my first two on ignore the other night. These two took the situation light years beyond the usual back and forth. When it gets worse than the usual names of liar, heretic, false teacher, and pathetic, then it hovers on the essence of evil, and the ignore button is the only solution, since they seem immune from being banned.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the "Ignore Club"....like a Bar Mitzva, Now you are a man! Mazel Tov!

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, brother, and I mean that as much as anyone on this board as I have exchanged posts with, I just hope I never end up on yours, as you are an encouragement and do not mince words when needed to correct my course.

11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What does the bris look like?:laugh:

12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Shutter the windows and bring the dog in the house - there's gonna be a strong gale 'fore long.
    I would hope for a contrite response, but given the past I ain't holding my breath.:sleep:

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I just learned something. When I have someone on ignore, it does not block the quotes. It told the story about putting two on ignore the other night for extreme abuse and false accusations, the first in eight years. The one you interacted with in the quote is one of them. That is after eight years, so, I would not put much stock into what he or she says.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What's really simple is the need for you to get rid of that always funky arrogant attitude and that legal, logic, philosophy of religion 101 vocabulary you like to brandish like a sword. The worst attitudes on here always seem to come from a handfull of you who have to let everybody know that you "preach".

You never just respond .

You've yet to see me express disdain for anyone. Behavior? Yep. People? Not hardly.

And what are you doing right now?

Perhaps with extremists you have to be extreme. The tenor of conversations on this board constantly put the church on display as duplicitous.

Constant expressions of nothing to do with love, and then get up to preach come Sunday morning as though all the rude, vile comments mean nothing.

A gift for youto return your own words to you.

[​IMG]

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

More silliness. It is in contrition that I'm able to call a spade a spade. But those who have been here for a while have become rather jaded and nasty to anyone who doesn't hold the same POV.

And they bloviate "holier than thou", "Pharisee", "self-righteous", etc, etc. It's like a bunch of frogs sitting in a pot of water that starts to boil.

Some have been in the pot on this board for so long and carrying on a conversation with others in the pot who agree with them that they don't even realize how nasty their attitutudes are to anyone who doesn't share the same POV or who points out their hypocrisy.

Just call me David. I am not afraid of any messageboard giants and will tell anyone from 90 year old moderator to lil young a penny saved( not saying she has been) if they are being hypocritical and just plain out mean about stuff that has no eternal value whatsoever.

16. Herald

Herald New Member

I do not know whether it is funny or sad. Here we are discussing the reasons for blocking certain posters and the behavior that leads to such action is taking place.

While I believe it is necessary to block certain posters I do not think it is something to be done capriciously or without a certain amount of sadness. Professed brothers in Christ are not getting along. Whether we care or not lukers do watch. "Let you light shine before men..." (Matthew 5:16).

Words reveal our character. How serious do we take the instruction of our Lord?

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned" (Matthew 12:33-27).

Also, James says, "from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way" (James 4:10).

#36 Herald, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'd have to ask a Moyel...that's his job.

#37 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OMG Herald...all this for telling your buddy to mind his own business....please.....PLEASE!!!:mad:

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, in all honesty, I think you've been fighting too many windmills.

So, when you have a different view point from someone and speak out about it, it's from contrition and fighting giants for the Lord? And when others do it, it's because they are jaded and nasty?

Before I went to bed last night I saw your first line from your first post in this thread and I almost fell out of my chair. :eek:

How many times have you brought those very topics in your own threads and in threads in others? When I think of the BB and Zaac, that's what comes to my mind. A poster who seemingly wants to get a rise out of others with his posts about political and social venues. You aren't the only one who does, but you are in the same camp with those who do.

We aren't your enemy Zaac. You aren't David and we aren't Goliath.

Stop fighting the windmills and you will be more at peace. Have a calmer day, brother.

[​IMG]

20. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Scarlett O, that was accurate, true, VERY well stated and good for any audience on here.

Excellent and from a wise woman indeed.