1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question relative to O T saints thread.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Nov 16, 2016.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 24:25-27 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
    Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

1 Peter 1:21 Who by him (?Jesus?) do believe in God (?The Father, I assume?), that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Now the question..........

As this passage quoted in Acts 2:27 from Psalms 16:10 is stated concerning, the Christ, rather than of the writer thereof, relative to Luke 24:27 what about let's say ----

Psalms 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. - the writer or the Christ?
    Psalms 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah. - the writer or the Christ
    Psalms 139:14-16 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. - the writer or the Christ and his church?

What about Psalms 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. - hell = Sheol/Hades LXX θανάτου - death
    Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: (Sheol/Hades from Ps 116:3) because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. ---- the writer or the Christ? Literally birth pangs, cords.

Does that picture being brought forth, birth from death/Hades/Sheol, without travail and pain? The firstborn from the dead?

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
    Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
    Col 1:15,18 He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.