1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions concerning baptism.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Nov 1, 2016.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Luke 12:50

Was that baptism (singular) for the remission of our (plural) sins and therefore because of that baptism should we walk in the newness of life?

Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 1 Kings 18:37

Has The Lord God, turned our heart back again, repented us and remitted our sins, by the baptism, the faith of, Christ?

Did the water baptism of Jesus, at the hand of John, point to that being done for us through his death, his resurrection, he receiving the promise of Holy Spirit A2:33, him declared, the beloved Son of the living God, pleasing to God the Father by faith?

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was alluding to the suffering awaiting Him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See also Mark 10:35-40 where Jesus spoke of baptism and drinking of the cup.

Like Aaron said, suffering