1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions for Calvinists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You can say you're not, while you are, and the indictment remains the same. You called his salvation into question.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:.....Actually he or she is calling George Whitefield salvation into question....ROFL......Imagine that "GEORGE WHITFIELD" :laugh:

#22 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  3. preacher4truth

So, I have to address every post, or I am biased? Or just the posts that dismantle your theology?

I'm pretty certain "The Biblicist" nailed you and you're still smarting from it. However, I will attempt to help you here.

Please share with me what The Biblicist said that has touched you. Then, I can address this also so I don't appear to be biased.

Thanks for soliciting my help. I will attempt to help you, but you most likely won't like my answers, hence my moniker.

:)

#23 preacher4truth, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  4. preacher4truth

Well, it's a non-cal, it will ride! :smilewinkgrin: :laugh:

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

P4T, This thread is not the time and place to go into any details. You would not have to look far to find evidence of my remarks though if you were even half serious.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Preacher4truth,

Stop trying to make this post a personal attack on me. You are falsely accusing me of something I did not do. I am not going to let you turn this into a post where I am only defending myself. Jesus saved me, and since then I have given up false beliefs! I gave up the false beliefs, moved on, and grew in the Lord! I will ignore you from now on, unless you want to talk scriptures. You are an unfair person, you falsely accuse, and you personally attack. Stop trying to derail this thread.

7. preacher4truth

Nothing I've said personally attacked you. I can't say that you're innocent, there is no need for what you said, and in you saying this you've gone away from the OP.

So let's talk Scriptures, not how you feel about a persons Salvation. OK?

Thanks.

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Here is one remark Biblicist certainly missed it on that relates to the subject at hand.

Oh well, let me just help P4T just a tad bit since he asked for it. Here is one of Biblicist's remarks:

HP: Jump right on that personal attack without qualification clearly calling into question not only my salvation but the salvation of the others he was referring to. Thanks in advance pastor for all your help.:rolleyes: :laugh:

9. preacher4truth

Here is the statement you give from The Biblicist with no link:

If said is preaching the message in the way he describes, then yes, they are preaching another Gospel. So, I agree with it in that light, he's correct.

In addition, there was plenty of qualification in what he said. He described the false teaching, then he ascribed it as false, which is true.

I see nothing in this as a "personal attack."

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

Who would have thought you would have??

Again, carry on with the thread. Just expect to be called on the carpet when on acts as a whited wall. :thumbsup:

11. preacher4truth

And you continue name-calling and bring another personal attack. :)

I defended a brother whose salvation was clearly called into question. If that's a whited wall to you, you're more confused than imaginable.

Nothing "The Biblicist" said was incorrect, nor was anything he said a personal attack. I cannot say the same for you.

God bless him (or her) for standing for truth.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you serious!?! You 1st have the nerve to call me unsaved & then deny it but you've got the gall to then try to then castigate P4T for his calling you out on it!

Oh but of course your saved know it all around here.....yea right

you need to apologize for your own brazen arrogance.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

[/QUOTE]

HP: But those walking in the Spirit indeed can and do please God. Your argument could be used by any lost person alive to show themselves in Christ. If a saved man cannot please God and his nature is just as a lost man's, in that nothing within him will allow him to do good, you have not said anything to distinguish yourself or any other believer from a lost man.

Paul talked about "Christ in us, our hope of glory". Your argument seems to indicate that Christ in us has no relevance or power over our outward actions.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Are you certain you want to say that as a saved man you can do no good, even with Christ indwelling in you? That certainly would not be my position nor do I believe it to be the position of Scripture and truth.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

HP: But those walking in the Spirit indeed can and do please God. Your argument could be used by any lost person alive to show themselves in Christ. If a saved man cannot please God and his nature is just as a lost man's, in that nothing within him will allow him to do good, you have not said anything to distinguish yourself or any other believer from a lost man.

Paul talked about "Christ in us, our hope of glory". Your argument seems to indicate that Christ in us has no relevance or power over our outward actions.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Are you certain you want to say that as a saved man you can do no good, even with Christ indwelling in you? That certainly would not be my position nor do I believe it to be the position of Scripture and truth. [/QUOTE]

Can you read....it was a quote by George Whitefield. Do you know who that is or are criticizing him? Besides that, your taking what he is saying out of context. Go read the full sermon if your confused. Its on line, but I warn you that you will have to read the whole thing. Can you do that?

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

Here are just a few verses on doing good.

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
    Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
    Heb 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
    Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
    1Pe 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

I just took it out of your post. I care not who said it, I would have had the same things to ask. Wesley was indeed right-on in confronting such unfounded , unbiblical, nonsense.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is your whole argument all about proof texting?

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

No, I gave you my personal arguments in post #34.

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

You posted Whitefield as if you though you believed it to be true. If not, why did you post it? I cannot debate Whitefield but I can debate your ideas. Defend his remarks if you think you can.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me know when your done reading the whole sermon...."Method Of Grace"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.