1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quick verse question

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Ars, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Ars

Ars New Member

Since I can't find where this fits... I come here.

I am wracking my brains trying to find a specific verse. I cannot, for the life of me, remember where it is. So, I'm hoping a scholar out there may be able to help.

The verse essentially says that an unbeliever cannot understand the bible.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of these perhaps?

1 Corinthians 1

18For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 2

14The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 2:14(NASB)
    14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

4. Ars

Ars New Member

Yep! That's the one! Thanks!!!!!

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It could also be:

Romans 11

7What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, 8as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor,
    eyes that would not see
    and ears that would not hear,
    down to this very day."

2 Corinthians 4
    3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.4In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Romans 1
    19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

[ November 27, 2002, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]