1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Racism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by strykero1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

And just who was this "contract" with and who holds the authority over it?

I see NOWHERE in Scripture Jesus signing a "contract".

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Funy thing about that, God calls them the apple of his eye and gives Israel special attention no one else could ever get.

So you're speaking out of your helmet.:laugh:

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Good post!

Ed

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I fully agree with this second sentence, in this post, as well. As to the first one, I suggest a little more discretion, might be exerted, at least in some instances and forums, but there is something about bearing another's burdens, I believe, in the Bible. One has to put that burden before another brother or sister, before that is possible, I would say.

And let me say that I do not view any one particular sin as worse than another, in that sense. I believe all sin should make us all, as believers, feel sick, as TCGreek put it.

Ed

#44 EdSutton, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  5. hsmom22boys

hsmom22boys New Member

My heart goes out to the man that started this thread becuase his wife is in sin and he wants to help her. That is to be commended, but, I do have to agree with Aaron.
    Although his motive may be pure, I don't think it was best for his wife to be looked down upon by the many, many people reading this. I think it is best to go to your pastor or a close friend. I would not say anything negative about my husband on ANY forum because I feel that would be disrespecting him. I am to lift him up, not tear him down. This is just my oponion, but that's what you asked for. You should go to your wife taking as many scriptures that apply to all that is involved, which would be many due to the numerous sins involved. Pray with her, pray for her and do so without ceasing.

All comments made reguarding belittling another is a sin. Although I completely understand some of the comments made in these posts, we are ALL made in God's image and we are only what we are by the grace of God.:wavey: When you see yourself as you truly were before God saved you, a wicked, evil, hell-bound, sin-sick sinner, you will soon come to the conclusion that you are NO better then they are. And you will also see that when you are not filled with the Holy Spirit you will find that evil wickedness creeping back up. If it wasn't for God revealing things to us we just might be the racist. :godisgood:

#45 hsmom22boys, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
  6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

A stunning post, to say the least.

You know, as a Baptist I cringe when I hear the occasional comment that goes along the lines of a whispered..."You wouldnt believe how many racist baptists there are!"

I regularly sort of dismiss comments like that as very misguided.

Then I read a post like this one. :BangHead:

:godisgood:

7. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Apples to Oranges.....

I know nothing of the man, other than that his wife drops n-bombs and he doesn't care for it much. So, since no real personal information was given, how can you come to your conclusion? There is no spectacle being made here and your throwing out useless comments.

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I grew up in the South, and I am mulatto. (that means I have black and white blood in me). For me, as a person that has blood lines from both races, it is about culture. Although it is wrong to stereotype all people of a given group, we are influenced by the experiences we have in life.

For instance, I love dogs and would never advocate the mistreatment of any dog. But I have been attacked by pit bulls twice. My life experience has taught me to be wary of pit bulls. The same can be said for people.

I am part black and do not hate myself or my relatives, but I am wary of a segment of culture that condones drug use and gang violence, and also has an underlying attitude of hate and resentment towards whites. It is not fair to good folks of any color to prejudge them by their color, but as humans it is very hard not to.

I couldnt care less about a person's skin color, but cultures that are dangerous to my family's health/lives are important and are very real.

If you think I am prejudiced then I encourage you to drop your children off in for a day in the park in any black neighborhood in Little Rock, Memphis or Atlanta.

I have seen many crack neighborhoods in southern cities, and they are always black. Never in my life have I seen or heard of a white crack neighborhood. (although there are more and more meth labs in white areas, these dont seem to attract the gang violence and killing that crack does)

This is not racism, it is reality.

AJ

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Don't let yourself be fooled------there's lots of drug use in white neighborhoods-------I have a friend who is a Sheriff's Investagator------he runs what he calls the "Bingo" squad in "high end" neighborhoods in Baton Rouge----"White trash" also lives in multi-million dollar houses as well as they do in single and double wides!!!

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I am not fooled. Have you ever been to a crack neighborhood?

I am well aware that drugs are present even in Beverly Hills, but, in the white neighborhoods the dealers and addicts stay hidden as best that they can.

In a black crack neighborhood, the dealers/gangs control everything and do it out in the open. Noone is allowed to even travel down the street unless the dealers allow it. Rape, robbery and murder are done in broad daylight, and they want it to be seen by others as a warning. In crack neighborhoods, the whole culture revolves around the dealers, the addicts, the hookers, and the drugs.

Drugs create a totally different situation in black neighborhoods than they do in white neighborhoods. The black drug culture is an "in your face" culture that thrives on intimidation and abuse of the weak.

Sorry to get wound up here. My old neighborhood where I grew up in Little Rock used to be a white middle class neighborhood. Now, the black gangs have moved in and the houses are destroyed, the property values are zilch, and you cant walk down the street without either buying some drugs, or getting assaulted because you arent there to buy drugs. Now, even the police will stop a white person driving thru there and ask what them what they are doing in that neighborhood.

It is a shame.

AJ