1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Radical by David Platt

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Nov 6, 2011.

1. milby

milby Member

I'm interested in hearing about other ways to evangelize. Can you give some other effective methods, that anyone can do.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm no expert on evangelism, but we can all shine our light in our daily lives in our relationships, whether at home, work or just the grocery store. Sometimes people just need to be loved. My church just recently served a homemade lunch to the teachers of an elementary school down the road just to let them know they are loved and appreciated. Because of it, several want to visit the church. We are to be seed planters and waterers. God brings the harvest.

I also gave examples in my post of how Jesus loved people to Him. He didn't bang the ten commandments over their heads.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I do agree that there are other methods as I have multiple books on evangelism. However Way of the Master is my method that I employee 90% of the time. However WOTM die hards and zealots dont like me for saying there are other methods and they do have their place 10% of the time. Once on a WOTM facebook page or blog I mentioned that I also use Chick Tracts and other tracts, and my post got removed, as the administrator was a WOTM Only type.

John

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once I was with a WOTM group doing evangelism in a city. I passed out like 300 WOTM tracts, and like 50 other tracts. When we did open air I did not use the WOTM method, but used another open air method I learned from Fundamentalist Baptists. I was not invited to go back with their group to any other outreach events.

I think there is a real danger if you get too caught up on a method, and not the message. I use WOTM 90% of the time, but its not the only method that I use. Not even John MacArthur agrees that WOTM is the only method of evangelism. I have heard him say in podcasts that relationships are the best method. But WOTM is not for relationships as much.

#24 evangelist6589, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't mean to be rude, but Chick tracts are the worst form of evangelism I can imagine. If I were you, I would lose them fast.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I second the motion. Rude, crude, and lewd describes them best.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well thats your opinion. They do knife to the truth fast and are appropriate for some people.