1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Does your church let santa come in for a children's service?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by ATeenageChristian, Dec 15, 2001.

1. javalady

javalady New Member

If Santa came to our church he'd get what every other sinner gets--the love of Jesus and the Gospel!
    He'd be invited to repent of his sins (IE: of IDOLATRY: pointing people to himself instead of the Messiah; the LOVE OF MONEY: promoting materialism over ministry to the needy & lost; of FALSE WITNESS: that he is omnipresent & can fly through the air with reindeer...).
    Yessir, Santa can come in for church...but he'd better watch out cuz he'll get the Gospel! ;)

2. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

Originally posted by I Am A Baptist Board Fan:
    Last sunday, my church, Southcross Community Church(American Baptist) let my uncle Jeff dress up as Santa and give the kids teddy bears. Now I am wondering if your church does that. Is that normal???? :confused:

Hi I Am Baptist,

Yes, Santa Claus plays a significant role in my church's Christmas program. Almost all of the churches in our union do it, too. It's been a tradition for over 50 years for Santa Claus to suddenly pop into our church, give out the presents for which our Sunday School pulled names, and then quickly disappear.

Evening though mixing Christ and St. Nick always stirs up squeamishness in my congregation, doing it the way we have traditionally done it stands as the most tasteful way to integrate the secular and christian sides. Besides, the kids love it.

Happy Holidays!
    Jamal5000
    [​IMG]