1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Re: Heb 6:6-7

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by skypair, Nov 5, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Here, to me, is the OT equivalent to Heb 6:4-6...

Jer 8:5-9 -- "5 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return. 6 I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. 7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD. 8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.

It is impossible to renew them unto repentance (Heb 6). Why? They "hold fast to decit and refuse to return."

How did they fall away? "Every one turned to his own course."

On what pretense did they turn therto? "The pen of the scribes is in vain" -- that is, we know better what the gospels and epistles said than the writers themselves.

skypair

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Good post! May I use it for Sunday?:applause: :applause:

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

What's interesting, Palatka, is the further description Paul gives of them in Heb 6:7-8. When God rains blessings upon them, they grow briers and thorns instead of fruit.

They're like the branches of the vine that don't abide in Christ, John 15:6. They were branches but now they don't abide in the vine anymore and are cast forth from the vine of fruitfulness.

skypair