1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reaching Born-Again Homosexuals!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Does 1 cor 6 teach that a person can be an adulterer for Jesus? Is that the question??

2. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

No. Of course not. I personally would question an individual's salvation if he were to commit such a sin with no shame. I don't believe in lordship salvation, however, I find it hard to understand how one can be covered in the redeeming blood Jesus Christ and be knowledgeable of his unmerited sacrifice, yet still remain in sin. In some cases, I'd say they were never saved to begin with, but that is not my place. There case is between them and God.

The statements that have been made about "gay Christians" though seem foundationless, and that is why I made the previous statement. Sin is sin in God's eyes. It is all black and not rated from greatest to least. We are all "sinning Christians."

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you mean by this?

[QUOTE I don't believe in lordship salvation,][/QUOTE]

I mostly think we agree...but I am unclear on what you mean by this...as Jesus is Lord of all

4. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

I mean in the sense that a Christian is only saved if it is evident in his life. It is a belief debated alot on this campus. According to this, there is no such thing as a backsliding Christian.

5. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

Gluttony is a sin, I've seen many a Baptist preacher who are quite proud of stuffing their face with good 'ole Baptist cooking. I guess all of these preachers aren't truly saved. By the way, Im not saying it's ok for a christian to continue in sin. I believe a christian can be saved and back slide into continuous sin, it's happened to me. Looking back I questioned if I was really saved but there were things that God put into my life that woke me up and I turned my life around and started serving Him. Only God knows our hearts.

6. Monster

Monster New Member

And either because of your poor reading or comprehension skills you become arrogant act self righteous and make wrong assumption after wrong assumption.

I won't do the work for you, go re-read and figure it out.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually and biblically there is not. A backslider is always an apostate.

Christians can and do sin. They cannot however practice sin, that would be a denial of the Spirits work in sanctification.There is evident fruit in a real christian. We however are imperfect fruit inspectors. That belongs to God who sees the heart.

The current idea of "backsliding" is to cover the other false idea of making a decision or "accepting " Jesus. The person does so..in the flesh, but the life never changes. Then people say...we need to pray for brother so and so...he seems to be backsliding...for 19 yrs...he has not been to church, and every friday night I see him coming out of the topless club. This is all wrong.

8. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

I definitely agree with you there.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Trust the bible!
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you:
    1 Cor 6:9-11 (KJV)

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The difference is I believe the bible and you do not.
    Originally Posted by freeatlast [​IMG]
    Because of your confusion about those passages you are trying to justify sin. It was Paul who wrote 1 Cor 6
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you:

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You do not understand gluttony. Also you may believe a Christian can return to sin butr the bible says yoiu are wrong.
    1John 3:9
    No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

1Cor 6
    Trust the bible!

12. Monster

Monster New Member

Then I suppose that from your judgement alone, I'm hell bound? Or is it that I only not believe some of the Bible? Or do I just not believe the way you believe I should? Or do I have enough belief to just squeak by, but only if I turn from my disbelief in time?

Or maybe, I drink the koolaid like so many and just hate on the lost because they sin? That's the easiest of choices. I can live separate that way, be salt, safe in the shaker and leave them to their horror of an eternity.

You still lack reading comprehension skills, but that's all good! To be analogous, my hounds get on a scent and lock in on it, whatever it is, to the exclusion of everything else. Keep harping on what you've chosen to believe is my confusion rather than what I wrote. Just like the hounds howling and chasing that whatever, you also bring a smile to my face.

13. A Faithful Sidekick

A Faithful Sidekick New Member

Okay, you win the argument by throwing ridiculous one-line snap judgements on people who legitimately disagree with you.

I'm done. It was good for a few days, but I guess I should have read more postings from this board before signing up. Congratulations, you're the first entry on my "Ignore" list. Don't bother with a reply. I'll never even see it.

-Robin

#53 A Faithful Sidekick, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    can a person be saved by grace of God and still, at times, give in and get drunk? And confess that as sin to the Lord and seek His forgiveness? Does the lord see their heart and say" OK this time, but one more time, and you are out?"

there are SOME christians who God removes even the desire to do sin in a particular area sothat not even tempted again, yet many others have to face it every time and overcome by trusting/yieldin g to the Lord... Some times might even submit to the temptation even...

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you have to realise that the brother holds to a state of 'sinless perfection" is attainable in this life...

16. Monster

Monster New Member

That clears the air a bit. I know this wasn't specifically addressed to me but, thanks!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    when the Lord jesus saves us, we ALL have Him as now our lord and saviour, but there are times when we refused to live as if that is the truth!

That is basically what daily saunctification refers to, as we commit each time to having him directly controlling all aspects of our lives, to willingly submit to his lordship in our lives...

NOT to be either saved or kept saved, but in order to know and experience his best plamns in Chrsit for our lives! To place ourselves in best way to be used by him, and to be bleesed by him in this life with whatever he has for us!

its NOT the "jesus is Lord over all, or is Lord over none', but that ALL christians have Him as their Lord, he just wants us to formally acknowledge he is and live accordingly!

18. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

First and foremost, I would tell them there is no such thing as a "born again homosexual"

Leviticus 18:22 reveals that man lying with man is an abomination. Romans 1 pretty much avows the same.

The book of Revelation reveals that all workers of abomination will have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone.

Doesn't get any clearer than that. Is the homosexual's pastor right? or is the Bible?

We're talking eternity here... either an eternity of life and peace or an eternity of torment. Can they really afford to take a chance?

2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

If a homosexual truly got saved, he would no longer be a homosexual... he would no longer practice, or advocate, that which God's Word identifies as an abomination. He would be a new creature with a new desire... a desire to please God, to live for God.

19. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

One must also realize that he is one of the longest running trolls in the history of the internet. How he is still active here when other well meaning, but deluded folks, have been banned for far less is amazing to me.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some are saved and delivered out from that lifestyle immediatly by Grace of God, but others still have to face and endure the struggles of the temptations of the flesh, but good news is that now thru Christ and His Spirit, can say "no"...