1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reality TV Snake Handling Preacher Dies of.... Snakebite

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and our Constitional rights provide freedom of religion- thus snake handling (for adults) should NOT be illegal.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    again, that is exercising freedom of religion, but one that can and will kill those practicing it, so the courts would determine that to be across the line!

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went a couple of times when I was a child. I don't remember much about the actual snake handling. Mostly, I just remember being frightened by the speaking in tongues.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Seems kind of strange that snake handling in the name of religion would be illegal, but snake handling in the name of herpetology would be just fine.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those handling snakes for medical use would make sure to avoid getting bit, and would have vaccine on hand!

Point is that freedom of religion as intended not an absolute sense meant, as doubt the framers would have allowed mayan priests to keep on pulling beating hearts out of huamn sacrifices for 'religious reasons!"

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

pulled fangs??? The snake ----by nature----will grow new ones!!! The only thing the snake cannot grow again is a head when I blast it with a 12 gauge Remington!!!!! Diamondback-----meet Remington!!!!:wavey::wavey:

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or a 357 magnum Colt, or a 30-06 700 etc!

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As said in the other thread, anyone who would contemplate either handling snakes or participating in a service that does has no common sense or understanding of Scripture. I do not know why these folks are walking free in society.