1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reformed, Calvinist or both?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FERRON BRIMSTONE, Sep 14, 2006.

1. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Do you notice how many times you talk of being cut off in your posts. Your obsessed with the idea that the salvation you have can be lost. How do you sleep at night? If Christ does not watch & preserve His sheep, we would all fall in unbelief, but thank God He abideth faithful, He cannot deny Himself & His people are one with Him. Heb. 2:11 & He hath perfected forever them that are sanctified! Heb. 10:14.

2. FERRON BRIMSTONE

FERRON BRIMSTONE New Member

This refers to Israel.

3. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Jesus

I sleep very well at night knowing Jesus will save me, and all i have to do is trust in Him.

Jesus cannot disown Himself, so as long as we abide in Him we will be saved.

Depend on Jesus not your election, He is your only hope.

4. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Are you kept by the power of God? or the power of self? God keeps us in Christ not ourselves!

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

But my friend if you have been born again you are a part of him, therefore if God keeps Himself, He will be keeping us also.

1Cr 12:27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

#25 Brother Bob, Sep 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2006
  6. psalms109:31

Belief in (God)Jesus

Belief in God (Jesus) is what Jesus taught that saves and that is what i teach.

By trusting in Jesus you are not trusting in yourself we are trusting in God.

To be apart of the body of Jesus, you have to abide, if you do not abide in Jesus you are good for nothing, but to be thrown into the fire.

When we are owned by Jesus and we disown Him. He will disown us as the scripture says.

You must endure to the end to be saved.

In the end you will praise Jesus for saving you, not yourself

Jesus did the work for our salvation.

Our debt for our salvation is death.

Jesus paid your debt, to say you have saved yourself by your belief, then you have not believed in Jesus.

If we love anything more than Jesus, we are not worthy of Him.

The natural branches was cut out for unbelief. So do noy be arrogant but afraid, if God did not spare the natural branches He will not spare you either.

So continue in God's kindness through the faith of trusting in Jesus for your salvation or likewise you will be cut out.

#26 psalms109:31, Sep 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2006
  7. jne1611

jne1611 Member

You go ahead and worry about yours, I am going to enjoy mine!

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

In other words, we receive salvation as a free gift, not of works, lest anyone boast. After that, we can start boasting because it's our works that allow us to keep what we got for free.

Or, as someone put it (I think it was Bob George), "Here's a free Mercedes Benz. All you have to do to keep it is pay me $700 per month."

9. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Exactly! Any way you slice it, He has to believe a works salvation!

10. psalms109:31

Trusting in Jesus

Trusting in Jesus is not the work for our salvation.

The wages of our sin is death, we cannot pay it.

So you are going to have to trust in Jesus for your salvation.

It is not by our works that we are saved, but by grace of God and we can only boast in Jesus.

It is a fool who says trusting in Jesus is work for our salvation, trusting in Jesus is resting in His arms.

We have a better hope drawing near to God through Jesus Christ our Lord and our God.

#30 psalms109:31, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2006
  11. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Just the bare fact that you believe that you can be lost after salvation shows that you know nothing about trusting fully in Jesus for salvation!

12. psalms109:31

True salvation

If you can turn away from Jesus you have not put all your trust in Jesus.

It is like the seed.

Belief is the seed, you can let satan steal it, you can let trials and tribulation choke it out.

It is those who endure to the end that shall be saved, just as the scripture says.

13. jne1611

jne1611 Member

The only seed that was an example of salvation was that which fell into the good ground. Study the Bible a little better than that.

14. psalms109:31

Scripture

If the planter would of prepared the ground first, he would of had a better crop, but instead he just threw the seed out.

#34 psalms109:31, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2006
  15. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Are you serious? The sower was Christ. Like I said. Study the Bible.

16. psalms109:31

Knowledge

Knowledge and wisdom are two different thing.

We all are sowers and waters.

Jesus makes it grow.

A farmer will always till the ground before he sows. He gets rid of the stones, the weeds and prepares the ground.

Like the scriptures says' let your light shine among men and they will praise our Father who is in heaven.

#36 psalms109:31, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2006
  17. Andrew Walling

Andrew Walling New Member

"Hear then the parable of the sower. "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. (Mat 13:18-19 NASB)

If one doesn't understand it, how can it be "belief"? The seed is the "word of the kingdom", not "belief".

18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well put. This seems so obvious to me that I don't understand why there's even room for debate on the matter. Well, I DO understand, but the answer is not rational, it's spiritual.

If we think anything we will or do has anything to do with attaining or keeping our salvation, then we are trusting ourselves, not Jesus. Jesus is the one who saves us. He is the one who catches us and lifts us back up when we fall. He is the one who gives us strength when we are weak. He is the one who pulls us back when we drift away. He is the one who chastens us when we are disobedient in order to set is straight. And He is the one who brings us home early if we are too stubborn to respond to chastening (see Corinthians and their disrespect of the Lord's supper).

I don't trust my ability to cling to Him. I trust Him not to let go of me.

19. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Amen to that!

20. psalms109:31

The church

Here is where the church is here today, and here where it should be.

There was a lazy farmer, who said God has provided the seed and the water. Let God grow the Farm.

So He just threw the seed out and let the seed fall where it may.

If it lands on good soil it is ok, if it lands and bad soil, well that land God did not prepare.

His crop was pretty bad that year and he lost the farm

The person after that took the land over.

He worked the land. He tilled the ground, buried the seed deep in the soil, where the birds will not snatch it.

The year He had an awesome crop.

The lazy farmer say's, wow God blessed you.

The new farmer said, You should of seen the farm when God alone was taken care of it.

These men don't know what they are saying.

The harvast is plenty, but the workers are few, let us pray to the Lord of the harvast to send out more workers.

The ground out there is so hard and no one wants to listen and God has seen your frustrations.

We have a lot of work to do to prepare the ground again, but don't give up God is with you. Do not give up hope in God. There will be a harvast that can not be counted

These false teaching that is out there that God does not love the world and has not given the world the same hope as you have been given.

All thes these laws and regulation they are putting before you have not made anyone perfect. God has put them aside, and a better hope has been introduced, in which we draw near to God through Jesus Christ.

They are nothing but washed white tombs. On the out side they are alive, but on the inside filled with death.