1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Remembering Chester Swor

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by BobinKy, Jun 26, 2011.

1. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

When I was a teen, I attended a youth revival led by Chester E. Swor. His sermons made a big impact on my life at the time. I bought several of his books.

Does anyone else here on BB remember Chester Swor?

Here are a few links and photos about Chester Swor.

...Bob

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I heard Chester Swor preach at First Baptist Church in Jackson, Tennessee as a high school student. I don't remember what he preached about, but I remember thinking, this is one of the most spell-binding preachers I have ever heard.

He wasn't a stomper and a spitter, as I remember, and did not raise his voice. But he had my complete attention almost from the beginning.

This had to be 50-55 years ago.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I first heard Chester Swor preach when I was three or four years old and I can still remember him from that time. I remember he was criticizing something and he said sarcastically, "Three Ittsy Bitsy Fish In an Ittsy Bitsy Pond." Sorry, I cannot remember what point he was making.

The last time I heard him preach was in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

He was a great preacher.