1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rep. Murtha calls his own constituents "racist," "redneck"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by rbell, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

In the words of the great American, Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon! What an ignoranamus!"

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17764334/detail.html

U.S. Rep. John Murtha is calling many of the people who put him in office "rednecks."

The news comes one week after Murtha claimed the area is racist, then apologized for that comment.

The Pennsylvania democrat apparently is either going nuts or senile, IMO. Not the sharpest pencil in the drawer to be making those statements.

And you know...I'm getting quite tired of the people (a small number, but an irritating bunch) who insinuate that the only reason folks might not vote for Obama is racism.

It gives them a win-win position: If Obama wins, they can taunt us with "I told you so's." If the messiah loses, they can claim "moral high ground" and tell us "you poor, racist saps have so far to go. How do you dress yourselves, keep from marrying your sisters, and manage to avoid Klan rallies?"

It gets tiring, it does.

Anyhoo...maybe the fair congressman thinks stupid is in this year.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Clearly there are some racist people who won't vote for Obama purely because of his race. Just as there are some blacks who are voting for him because of his race.

I agree, a white person not voting for Obama shouldn't be accused of racism just as a white person voting for McCain shouldn't be accused of voting for him just because he's white. I'm as tired of that as I am hearing the words Muslim, terrorist, and murderer. We are showing our own prejudices with these labels and trying to bring others down with us. I am glad to see fewer and fewer American's have these negative feelings buried inside.

I think each of us need only examine ourselves and take personal accountability on how we view our fellow man. One has to live with oneself if they can't get past another race. I think that's punishment enough...