1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republican Party: Conservative or Constipated?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jan 22, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple question .... I sure don't mean to be crude, but after the National Review coming out with hateful rhetoric against one of its own front runners, (Trump), it sure looks like conservative is the question to be discussed this election season! Has the notion of conservative become so full of itself that it is n o longer moving as one, but blocked from top to bottom?

Simple question .... I don't mean to be crude, but after the National Review coming out with hateful rhetoric against one of its own front runners, (Trump), it sure looks like "conservative" is the question to be discussed this election season! Has the notion of conservative become so full of itself that it is no longer moving as one towards one goal, but rather blocked from top to bottom?

My belief is that the DNC as we once knew it is no longer. And the GOP as we once knew it is also on it's way to becoming history!

This may be a good thing, as both parties have lost focus of what it meant to be a Democrat or a Republican, o what are your thoughts on the future of either party, ESPECIALLY the GOP?

BTW - I stopped voting for either party's candidates years ago. I am now an Independent, for whatever that means Wink

#1 righteousdude2, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The GOP Establishment is destroying itself. And at this point I'm OK with that. Ted Cruz would remake the party into a better party and the Establishment knows it which is why they are fighting tooth and nail against him. I think at this point the Establishment is going to hold its nose circle around Trump, and then claim that they were right that only moderates can get elected. At this point I'm more fed up with the GOP Establishment then the Democrat. At least Democrat are more honest with the power hungriness.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you restate the question, please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk