1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Reset" button

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Nov 12, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you wish life had a reset button?? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I got to spend time with my son today, and although he's just 4 yrs and 2 months, he really likes video games. Nothing too complex; he just wants it to be full of colors (especially red. He loves red lol).

Anyway, we were playing some games today, and when he got frustrated because he was losing (hey, I was trying to let him win, honest :D ), or some part of the game didn't go his way, he would lean over and press the reset button. When I would ask him why he did that, he answered, "This way I get a second chance." Hey, he may only be four, but he's sharp [​IMG] [​IMG]

That got me to thinking about when things don't "go right" in my life, or when I do something really stupid. I wish there was a reset button I could press, and just start the day over.

But alas, life doesn't work that way. Yes, I know that when we sin, we have the assurance that if we confess it, God will forgive us (1 John 1:9), but all to often we still have to deal with the consequences of that sin (or sins). That's when I long for that reset button.

Anyway, this has been the ramblings of someone who has been up waaaaaay too long today, and has done waaaaay too much driving, and needs either some serious sleep, or some strong coffee [​IMG]

Good night, and God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

The closest thing to a "reset" button that I have seen in life is the truest repentance.

Repentance to me is a modern day miracle!

Just thinking out loud.

Dave