1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Resurrection teaching

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. However let me ask you something. To my knowledge no one physically saw Jesus come forth from the tomb not even the watch that had been posted. Could, on the third day and be three days and three nights in, be
    equivalent terms?

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Hmmm. It seems to me that this brother would be someone who would have a great deal of credibility regarding this topic.

Interesting.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This request if for you, bud: Give us the ordinal number in relation to the day crucified that Jesus arose.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have just about changed my thoughts about when he was raised relative to on the third, in three days, after the third, and so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in.
    I was a Wednesday death buried just prior to sunset and resurrection just prior to sunset on Saturday. However to be consistent with my concept with the resurrection of Jesus having been his soul not left in Hades and flesh/body not seeing corruption causes me to believe the term in the heart of the earth as being from death rather than from burial. That is his soul in Hades the state of death which, and I haven't checked yet, would be consistent with passages in the Psalms concerning death the soul and Sheol.
    Therefore I would put his resurrection at the time configuration three days and three nights from his death even taking under consideration the statement of Jesus concerning there being twelve hours in the day.

What think you all?

Please don't give me a General Patton answer.

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What, pray tell, is a General Patton answer?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

hello bud. what are you asking?

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You, bud..............

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You bud bud

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give us the ordinal number in relation to the day crucified that Jesus arose.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got that mixed up . From the movie Patton, someone asked him if he had heard what some Col. told the Germans when the wanted him to surrender. Patton said what did he say. They told him he said nuts. I did not that to be the response to my post.

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Pray tell-----you DON'T want to know!!!:sleeping_2:

Lets just say-----it would probably be a tineeeneee tiny bit more of an explisive adjative than what General McAilfee used!!!!

12. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're probably right. :thumbs:

On the personal side, I have a lot of admiration for Patton and his accomplishments. Had I been in WW II, serving under him would have been an honor..., but that's just me.

I talked once with an elderly man who did in fact serve under Patton and he took great pride in telling of stories of their conquests and them pushing back that evil empire into total defeat.

I remember in the movie where the Germans were trying to get a handle on Patton and one of them said, "He curses a lot and believes in God". I thought that was pretty funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.