1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Perry Signs New Self Defense by Gun Law in Texas

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by James_Newman, Mar 28, 2007.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

2. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

He's trying to make up with all the conservatives who voted against him the last election because we saw through his liberal clothing.

Flowers and candy ain't gonna work when he's planning to build an international super-highway through my livingroom.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this law were really necessary, that would mean many Texans, including myself, must have been misinformed for a long time. I had always heard that if someone breaks into your house, you can shoot them dead without a word-- it would be a full case of self-defense, and because the person was carrying out felonious activity against your own safety and property, you would be absolved from any liability. But all that seems to be just what this 'new' law enacts.

Somebody must know... does this law really change anything, or does the 'old' system perhaps refer to the way most juries would rule?

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

You could shoot them dead without a word if the bad guys break into your house, the article even addresses this.

However, the game was different when outside of the home. When I took my concealed carry class, they talked much about the necessity of retreating in scenarios outside the home. I loathe the deeds of our governor but this is one in his favor.