1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren out on the edge again...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Webdog...

This is very frustrating. I HAVE SHOWN YOU THE PLAN.

Here it is again....

The Plan...

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is THIRD PERSON talking, not either Warren or the doctors. Are you going to take someone's commentary on what he believes is the case...or will you investigate this yourself and go directly to the source? It's apparent it's easier to take someone's commentary on it.

3. Alive in Christ

Webdog...

I cant make it any clearer for you. Its crystal clear. The evidence is there. The factual statements are there. The intentions are clearly given. The agenda is crystal clear.

I cant assist you any longer. Continue in your fantasy, that Rick Warren is not compromising biblical Christianity.

I can no longer help you.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have you gone directly to the source...yes or no? Why not drop RW or Saddleback an email with your concerns, or is it just easier to take what someone else is saying about him and his diet plan and who he is taking advice from? Can you show where he is using eastern mysticism in the plan, because from what I saw briefly from the site I can't find it. Where is it? Oh I know, someone says that Amen intends to yadda, yadda, yadda.

Why do you have such an agenda against the man?

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have more than 500 books on my shelf from NON-CHRISTIANS who are authorities on various subjects. I am excited to learn from these men and women.

Now in the realm of "spiritual" truth, my library is full of resources from CHRISTIANS. They are the "experts" in that area.

Thrilled to see any Christians "getting on board" with diet, exercise, meditation (which btw is a good thing and not talking TM or cult), nutrition. Maybe because my wife is a doctor. Maybe because I finally got with the program and lost 70# in 4 months.

This is not theology; this isn't even Baptist >gasp<. This is health. I've seen/talked with many involved in the Daniel plan from Saddleback Southern Baptist Church. Good solid advice. Don't agree with everything said by the "guru's", especially on nutrition. They think "medical" and that is a great fault.

But I'd give two-thumbs up to the program. And the wisdom of having in these "big name" doctors. Brother Rick has showed his true understanding of the social aspect of the ministry in his PEACE plan missions, his HIV conferences, his Political forums (remember the McCain v Obama event), his addictions programs, his youth ministries, etc.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to be trendy if you're in Hollywood.:thumbs:

Washington Post:

Angelina is on the Ethiopian Diet

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The REAL Daniel plan from Scripture resulted in Daniel and his friends being "fatter in flesh" (Daniel 1:15 ESV).

Yet:
    Rick Warren Loses 8 Pounds in Saddleback's Health Plan

9. Alive in Christ

Regarding Rick Warrens desiring to blend Christianity with Transendental Meditation, this...which was posted earlier, needs to be repeated...

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rich Should Review Romans 1:15-25

It is not for those of faith to mix in the teachings of the world and other religions with what we profess and believe.

The Word of God gives great advice on losing weight. Do all things in prayerful supplication and most importantly, exercise moderation?

Maybe this is too simple for Pastor Rick, but the Bible, prayer, and faith should be more than adequate to assist him in losing the excess weight and keeping it off!

To add Yoga, metaphysical studies, Hindu practices, etc., seems like a desperate act on his behalf.

My suggestion to Pastor Rick would be to try some extra physical exercise, i.e., pushing himself away from the table after that first helping. :laugh:

Paul told the Romans, and the church in general, " . . . for my part, I am willing and eagerly ready to preach the Gospel to you also who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek, For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith.

For God's [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative. For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.

For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification], Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.

Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves]. And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin], Because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed forever! Amen (so be it)."

Of course, this is my own opinion, but, I'd steer my boat around that ship.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

11. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

This really shouldn't surprise anyone. Warren has always tried to blend Christianity with worldly ways. Warren has a long history of promoting men of false beliefs. I truly believe he thinks he is doing good but we must warn fellow Christians when we see anyone bringing false beliefs in the church. I've seen Warrenism ruin a once solid Baptist church and I will never endorse his ways unless he repents.

12. Alive in Christ

More good information regarding Warrens error in judgment...

http://apprising.org/2011/01/27/rick-warren-and-his-daniel-plan/

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Post Brother

You get a big AMEN!:jesus:

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks...

Thanks AiC. I could never really get into the Purpose Driven Life thing, even when our church endorsed it and held in-home Bible studies using that book. The Bible studies were in place of Sunday evening services.

The pastor did this twice a year [held 8 week in-home Bible studies in place of Sunday night church], but, he has since seen the error in his way :laugh: and went back to Sunday evening services.

About the only thing the small groups accomplished was improving fellowship with people we normally would never have sat down and shared with.

We didn't always use the Purpose Driven Life book, but, the concept of small home Bible studies was born out of the book.

BTW, each week saw the number attending, dwindle.

This mixing the world with the Gospel is a sad event. My upcoming book addresses this problem and calls for the believer to return to the narrow path, exiting from the "Highway to Hell!"

So, again, thanks for the post and the recent info. You have hit on a great topic. It is sad more are not involved in this post. :sleeping_2:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

15. mandym

mandym New Member

Small groups (Sunday School) and home bible studies were around long before Warren mentioned them.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Define "worldly ways". Worldly means sinful, so I'm sure you can supply how his ministry blends sin into his ministry.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed. Anyone stating RW started small groups has no business critiquing his ministry or his means.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is Not the Point

Had you read a little closer. You'd have read that I stated our church started these groups pursuant to the pastoral staff reading PDL. They went PDL gaga for a few years, in hopes of tapping into Warrens mega-church recipe of success!

I know there were small home groups before Warren, and there will be small home groups after him. I never stated he was the originator of small home groups. I just pointed out that PDL was the impetus behind these groups. And the first two groups used the PDL as the study material and discussion drivers!

Sorry if I wasn't more clear in the beginning. :tonofbricks:

Pastor Paul :type:

20. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not a Rick Warren fan at all, but I was wondering if you are keeping a list of thing he must repent. Make sure that you if you are keeping a list you are not using a plank to write on.