1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Road Trip Through New England

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by WonderingOne, Jul 11, 2003.

1. WonderingOne

WonderingOne New Member

Tow of my friends and I are planning a road trip through New England to see the fall colors. I'm wondering if there are any New Englanders here who could tell me when would be the best week in October to go. Since we have to make hotel reservations, we have to plan in advance. If we don't hit the peak color week, would it be best to go earlier or later? If anybody has any info on this, it would be really appreciated.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

It has been a wet year here. I wouldn't count on it til October late. But then, it has been cool, too.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Unusual to me that we could even hope for colors. I grew up in Oklahoma where it went from green to brown--in July!

4. dclark14

dclark14 New Member

Here in New England we have a maxim--"If you don't like the weather--wait a minute!"This is to say that predictability of weather and fall colors is at best,"unpredictability".Usually the peak colors run about the middle of October. Last year was some earlier, but it was quite dry. It has definitely been different this year.I'm going to guess middle of October.

5. dclark14

dclark14 New Member

Afterthought #1--You might be able to keep track of the color schedule by checking :
    www.thebostonchannel.com/ I don't know how this would "sync in" with hotel reservations, but it may be helpful.
    Blessings,
    dclark14