1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rock Stars Film Ad in Favor of Drug Courts

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Aug 1, 2011.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8Jw7c53C0

I thought I'd share this video because it deals with something I've been advocating for years- judicially mandated treatment programs for non-violent drug offenders. It features three successful, talented rock musicians- former Guns 'n Roses guitarist Slash, Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler, and Alice in Chains guitarist and singer Jerry Cantrell, along with Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst- advocating for drug courts.

This video was made by the National Association of Drug Court Professionals. Their website is www.nadcp.org

It's good to see these people promoting something that will help reduce the problem which result from illicit drugs. I have never and will never do illicit drugs because I've seen what it has done to some members of my family. Drug abuse ruins lives, tears apart families, and causes children to have screwed up childhoods, grow up to be angry and resentful towards their divorced parents, and have deep-seated psychological deficiencies. Trust me; I know. That's why treatment for drug abusers is so important.

The facts show that drug court programs save lives, repair families, and reduce crime. I urge everyone on this board to support this successful program.