1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romans 8:13 and 8:17

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a valid arguement TC. Consider that Seth had at least two (2) siblings before him and the same was not said for them. Not only that but there must have been "sisters" involved too! </font>[/QUOTE]How many times does God have to say it for it to be true?

2. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi TC;
    Then you might do well to remember that the frist born is more important than all the rest in the family
    Mike

3. rc

rc New Member

Tell Jacob that ILL

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

How many times do you have to read it before you understand the truth of it?

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

When the Lord is ready to enlighten you He will send the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you and not until then.
    MT 11:27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, [/b]and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.[/b]

johnp.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The it seems you are not ready, or you are simply not listening to the Holy Spirit!

7. rc

rc New Member

You go my TULIP brother ! Oh the beauty knowing that God is in control ! That He does all things for HIS glory and will not share it with any other! To know that He does all things according to the councils of HIS will and His purposes and plans will not be hindered!
    LIsten to piper yet?

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Oh the Joy of knowing that God has done all the work, has set the stage, has set all in motion and allows all, out of his creation who will, to come to Him under HIS terms!

Kind of like the cream rising to the top of un-homogenized fresh milk! if you know what I mean.

9. rc

rc New Member

No one will come if it is not under His terms Wes.

NO ONE SEEKS AFTER GOD, NO NOT ONE.

No man comes to the father unless it has been GRANTED him by the father.

Post Tenebras Lux

10. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc;
    But all have been granted Jn 12:32
    Didn't you say your going for a drs
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Greetings rc.
    There is no peace for the wicked says our God but to us He says that is all there is forever and ever and ever! :cool:

I've just been listening to Piper, second one, on about Hell! Very good. Very hot. :cool:
    He mentioned Danny boy 12:2;
    Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.
    And I thought of Wes. He believes that people cease to be when they are thrown into the burning Lake of Fire. I wondered how he would handle this verse.

You a cowboy Wes? :cool: I always wanted to be a cowboy.
    What's un-homogenized mean? Like living dangerously or something? :cool:

johnp.

12. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

John 12:32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
    Why don't you answer my question man? Did He draw Himself to Himself?
    If yes then please explain how He drew Himself to Himself.
    If no then He did not draw 'all' men did He? :cool:

johnp.

13. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Homogenized milk is milk that has passed through a process that emulsifies the fat content to prevent the fat (cream) from separating from the rest of the fluid. That is why the milk that you buy from the grocer does not separate but remains smooth and "creamy". Just chock full of fat...and flavor!

Yes, I was a cowboy, I drove herds of cattle from the lower Rio Grande Valley up yonder, into Wyoming territory back in the 1880s.

Now back to reality, I was raised on farms and dairies. I know how to walk and avoid the "cowpatties". And yes, I know how to milk a cow by hand, and yes I know how to ride a horse "western style", and to rope a cow from the back of a horse. I used to practice shootin' my sixgun from the back of a horse, and it ain't easy to hit anything smaller than a medium size barn while doing so. I know how to "cut" a particular animal out of a herd, and have been paid to do so. That makes me a professional cowboy. But I haven't done any of that, except for riding horses, for the past 35 years.

14. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Nope There are the ones who are drawn and there is one who does the drawing. Have you ever been drawn to you self. I know you think God is in love with Him self.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Then He did not draw all men then did He? :cool:

johnp.

16. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Can A Sovereign God be drawn?
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

17. rc

rc New Member

ILL,

I'm holding you responsible for your untruth ILL.
    Where in protestant church history did the church call Calvinism heretical? ... still waiting? I want the proof ! Until you show me, I'm going to consider everything you say to be unverivied garbage.

18. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

Not with a pencil unless it is a very big pencil.

Are you denying the humanity of Christ? Then He did not draw all men then did He? Yes or no.

johnp. :cool:

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

johnp,

Who do you say that Jesus is?

20. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Who do you say that Jesus is?
    I might ask why you have taken this tack soon. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Son of Man. He is in very nature God the Everlasting Father. He is the Second Person of the Holy, Holy, Holy.
    He is the expression of God and the Wisdom and the Power of God.
    The sustainer of all things and my lover.
    My Redeemer. That is, the One that Redeemed me. My Saviour. That is, the One that saved me. My all in all! :cool:
    Why do you ask?

johnp.