1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney Defends Shift on Issues

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 22, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, Terry, I guess your pro-abortion Democratic candidates like Hillary Clinton are more your cup of tea. They tend to remain supportive of the murder of unborn babies and you remain supportive of them.

You would vote for Hillary Clinton, correct, or is my memory faulty?

Ah, I see my memory is still pretty good at my age:

www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=35641&page=2

I notice that you support Senator Biden as your first choice. Now there's someone who is supportive of abortion and you support him.

#41 KenH, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if someone comes on this board and says that it is his opinion that I am a Satan worshiper, that would not be a smear campaign because it is only his opinion - even though he has no proof to back up his statement?

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

If you were running for office. And he said it is his opinion.

Nope that is fine. Maybe the person is buddist (or whatever) and he thinks that Christians worship satain. That is his opinion.

But I did back up my statement with at least one news artical. You just see the artical in a different light then me. I supose due to our different experiances.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your news article dealt with the spotlight that will be placed on the Mormon church, not policy issues.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

It just comes down to trust and I dont.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then support Newt and his lack of moral character since you like him so much.

7. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I just read your credentials. A Southern Baptist who believes that everyone will be saved. That's what we call your basic classic oxymoron.

Mormonism is not another Christian denomination. It is a cult. It worships Joe Smith. It worships a God who has a physical body, lives on a planet. It denies the plan of salvation set forth in the New Testament. It relies upon a bogus book, the "Book of Mormon" and other specious documents. While offering free copies of the KJV, it charges that the KJV is full of errors, deliberate and otherwise, falsifications, that huge portions have been left out, that God withdrew his endorsement of the Christian church because it had corrupted his message, that Joseph Smith was chosen to restore it.

I would not trust Romney as President since he refuses to renounce the LDS cult, in fact endorses it. He will not make a political decision that would be at odds with Mormon doctrine ~ he's already got his marching orders from Hinckley. The objective, after all, is to establish a Mormon theocracy. You will vote for a man who believes that this prophecy of Joe Smith is true and that he is its fulfillment ~~ Mormons nationwide believe that. (You simply need to read the documentation. It is readily available.)

You would vote for Romney, even though he rejects the Christ of the gospels, the Christian walk revealed to us by John and Paul and other writers, rejects the God of the bible, in favor of a wholesale counterfeit produced by a huckster. This is precisely what those who follow the antichrist will do.

Selling out to a theocratic cult leader for presumed future stability is not my idea of the wise use of my vote.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I have to agree with you DeeJay. I don't trust him.

I have heard all the arguements of Ken's so far, and I can't see my opinion changing.

I don't trust him. His views on religion is wrong in my opinion. He has made many statements when trying to get elected in Mass, and now, those statement are coming back to haunt him. He supports Gays, he don't. He supports Abortion, he don't.. and they said Kerry Flip Flopped!

Oh well, what do you expect from a polictican. All of them are corrupt.

The thing that catches me off guard, is during the whole 06 elections, I would have thought Ken of all people would be running a grass roots campaign for a third party person.

I see the two party still has their hold.....

Jamie

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Yes, I will.

2) I know about Mormonism.

3) Yes, I will.

4) I disagree with your definition of "wise use".

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No problem. Good people can disagree and still be friends. :)

2) Michael Badnarik ran as a Libertarian Party Congressional candidate in Texas and raised several hundred thousands of dollars. Yet his vote result was basically the same as other LP candidates get. Having a competitive amount of campaign cash didn't really help.

I just have to give in to the reality that Americans don't vote, by and large, based on ideology or overall governing philosophy. They vote, by and large, based on looks, appearance, mannerisms, likeability, etc., and just a general sense of how they size up a candidate.

From now on, unless a minor party or independent candidate shows me in the polls that he/she actually has a fighting chance of winning in running against the two major parties, then he/she can forget about my vote.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of reminds me of what is said in heated debates between Arminians and Calvinists.

12. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I guess the real difference is that I have consistently supported Democratic candidates. You, on the other hand, change views according to who knows what (I really don't think you actually even know yourself).

I remember when you supported the Republicans, then it was the Constitution Party, now it's back to the Republicans I guess. Regardless, there is a good possibility that between now and election time, you will change two or three more times.

I really hope that the Republicans nominate someone like Romney; it will give us democrats an easy victory in 2008.

13. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I hope they do not. Because I think you are right. Unless you guys nominate Hillary.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will support Mitt for as long as he is running for president. I guarantee it. If I change, then I will leave Baptist Board permanently. That's a promise.

15. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Wow, what if you find out new information that you did not know between now and then.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What does the Baptist Board have to do with voting for Mitt Romney.

Also, what is all the to do about. He is not going to win the nomination. He is unelectable. He has no moral compass, and shifts like the wind. He is from the same state as Ted Kennedy.

Instead of being worried about clowns like this, the country needs to find competent leadership for 2008.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as I know, Mitt is very, very moral.

As far as electibility is concerned, I am not a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I'll put my shoulder to the wheel on Mitt's behalf and see what the voters decide rather than simply accept your opinion.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it is revealed that he has done something awful that would disqualify him for the presidency, then I expect he will stop running for president since I regard him as an honorable man.

19. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't win, either you're too inflexible or too wishy-washy. It's usually coming from some lefty.

Romney aint gonna win no GOP nomination, might as well come right out and say it: Mormon.

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I would never vote for Romney, no matter who's running in which party.

Romney is ultimately accountable to a cult that has a lot more control over him than any Christian church or institution has over a Christian running. Romney will not likely risk his standing in the Mormon church - he could lose big time in his view if he was kicked out - being the god of his own planet.

So I cannot vote for him for 3 reasons:
    1. If he were elected, it might give the Mormon church more status and credibility
    2. Romney's accountability to the Mormon authorities and the consequence of that
    3. I cannot vote for someone who believes that Jesus is the spirit brother of Satan and that God was once a man

I'll be frank - it would be easier for me to vote for an agnostic or liberal Christian.