1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by James_Newman, Aug 10, 2007.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Results of Iowa's straw poll is no big suprise. Mitt Romney bought it out fair and square but has he got enough money to buy out the rest of America?
    Link to the results.http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/08/11/iowa-straw-poll-results-and-analysis/
    Given the time that Ron Paul had to spend in Iowa he did fairly well but the historical poll doesn't give a complete picture of the field of candidates since McCain and Rudy did not participate, I think the outcome would have been different had they participated.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to see Ron Paul leave the Republican Party to its fate(having Giuliani walloped by Senator Clinton in November 2008) and seek the Libertarian Party presidential nomination.

There were 40% fewer voters in the Iowa straw poll than in 1999. People are leaving the GOP in droves.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

That would at the least make him an honest man.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I would say that having covered and observed Ron Paul for many years, that he is an honest man. Probably too honest for the GOP.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the Re-thug-licans? Absolutely.