1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RU Smarter than College Educators? Take the Test and See!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

29 out of 33- 87.88%

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Have a Feeling that ONLY the SMART Folks are Commenting.

There are more than 219 hits, but only 20 responses, and all those who are responding as doing so because they aced the test.

I'd appreciate everyone who took the test to post their scores. I would like some company in the 58% correct range. I know I'm not the only one who scored in and around this range. It is really okay if you scored less than those who are posting, because I shared my failure. and failure is part of success. One has to fail before the can realize a weakness and do something to improve that weak link in thier armor.

No one should be ashamed of any score. Look at the lead story, the average college educator is scoring 55%, and most Americans scored 49%. It's really okay to be average. If it weren't, I'd be off in a corner, crying my eyes out. :laugh:

Pastor Paul:type:

3. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

college educators only averaged 55%?????

You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After A Good Night's Sleep...

....You answered 23 out of 33 correctly — 69.70 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

I guess I may have been a little tired :sleep: However, a second chance always gives you a chance to see things a little differently. I did improve. Not at the level my fellow BB members have reported, but I'm now 20% better than the average citizen, and 14% better than the average college educator.

Man, I feel so much smarter today!:smilewinkgrin:

Pastor Paul :type:

5. milby

milby Member

23 out of 33 or 69.7% here.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

81.82% correct.

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

84.85% right.
    I'm like Dr. Bob. I think some of my answers were correct and theirs were wrong.

9. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

That is not too bad for a computer science geek.

10. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

The OP didn't say that this was for Americans, but having followed the link, I had a go, and mostly by guesswork got 26 out of 33 correct - 78.79%

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    31 out of 33.

Interesting set of questions.

12. Streetsweeper

Streetsweeper New Member

That's sad.

I got 72.7% and I'm Australian

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

I missed the Puritans question and the source of "Government for the people, by the people, ..."

14. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which questions?

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Two of us have taken it so far, I only posted mine. The others are teens so don't know if that counts.

I think you're going to find higher scores with anyone who responds because most of those who take it are going to be ones who are interested in taking such a quiz, and nobody's going to be interested in taking it if they don't have much concern for the topic. Stands to reason that those taking it are scoring higher than average. That it's voluntary and only those who think it will be interesting/fun are taking it is giving unbalanced results.

BTW, I'm NOT smarter than a fifth grader, tried those and lost most every time.

I'll have to go back and look at the test and the answers again, I do remember thinking a factual one I got wrong was actually correct and I wanted to answer the flood one different, but had to go with what I figured would be the dumb way political thinking works so I answered what I figured they'd be pushing it as rather than what I still believe the actual answer is...which I forget, would have to go look again.

16. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I started the test and realized that I was just guessing at most of the answers and gave up. :BangHead:

17. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

But I am a living example that what you say is not the case. I am British. The OP, as I mentioned before, gave no indication that the test was American-based (unless you count the Samuel Adams quote), so I followed the link. Having reached the test, and found that it was aimed at Americans, I thought I might as well have a try anyway. So I cannot see why "only those who think it will be interesting/fun are taking it" would unbalance the scores upwards. The fact that I wasn't born and educated an American surely made my score lower.

I am astonished that the average score for college educators in America should be so low as 55%. That means that there would have been some who scored well below 55%. (I'm assuming that the term "college educators" means teachers/lecturers/professors in US colleges and universities).

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, not astonishing to me. I have been a prof at both Christian colleges and secular. The woeful education of present crop of faculty is coming home to roost. Remember most were training in the post-60's and the damage done to education in the 70's and 80's bears fruit in the teachers "revered" today.

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I scored 81.82%. I thought it was fairly easy as some of the answers were clearly untrue.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not surprised at all.

Too many idealogues and not enough educators.