1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ruckman

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by 2chron7:14, Dec 19, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT, what do YOU think about Ruckman's false prophecies?

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Robycop3

The thread to the Gipp question no longer exists.
    At least I can't access it. Can you help ? Maybe provide it or something?

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OoOops! I placed it within another thread, & I don't have time to search for it! However, I have it on disk, so I sent it to you via PM, rather than post something verbatim that was already discussed.

If you feel it warrants more discussion, let us ask a moderator if it's all right to reprise the original post.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Try a serch for "Gipp" in the 2004 archives forum

5. AVBunyan

AVBunyan New Member

In Defense of Dr. Peter S. Ruckman

I posted this on another site but I thought maybe I’d drop here also in light of the thread.

First of all (for what it’s worth) I appreciate you folks here who defend God’s word, the AV1611, against those folks who are against the book that God has blessed abundantly for 400 years.

For the record I believe the King James Bible I have in my hands (a $5.95 Wal-Mart special) is the inspired word of God, perfect down to the italicized words and punctuation marks. Some of you don’t believe that then fine – then continue to follow the blessing of the Pope and the world on this issue. I’ll stick with Rom. 12:2.

I used to post a lot but due to time restraints and the pride and willfully ignorant attitude of many posters regarding the KJV issue I refrained from posting for some time. But when I saw a poster say, “Ruckman is silly” a while back (and there is much of this type of filth going around) then I felt led to speak up for Dr. Ruckman hence the title of this post.

The article below is for all those on every forum who blow a gasket any time they here the “dreaded” name “Ruckman”. Your ministry of seeking to create doubts in the minds of saints in the Bible God has blessed are no different than that of the serpent’s in Gen. 3:1. I, for one, have grown weary of the attacks, worn out arguments, and finally, this new worthless term, “King James only doctrine”, etc. Many of your old worn-out arguments against the KJV don’t keep me awake enough to yawn.
    Now, let’s move on.

The article below was written to defend Dr. Peter S. Ruckman for Lord knows he has gotten just the opposite now for over 40 years or more. Does Dr. Ruckman need defending? No, God knows and sees all. Would Dr. Ruckman want to be defended? Again, no, he sleeps like a baby at night while those who despise and attack his character toss and turn like a man with a bad conscience.

This article is primarily aimed at those who relentlessly attack his character without truly knowing the man or his heart. Of course some of you still will still hammer him for you live to tear down that which God has chosen to use for God has passed you and your “great knowledge” by like a jet and you are just plain envious of his knowledge and work.

Is Dr. Ruckman perfect? Of course not – are you? You revere David and he was an adulterer. You honor Moses and he was a murderer. You stand amazed at Noah’s faith yet he got drunk! So, why do many of you folks zero in only on Dr. Ruckman’s flaws? Aren’t you glad God doesn’t look and treat you the same as you look and treat Dr. Ruckman? You say, “Yes, but look at how he talks, his doctrines, his attitudes, etc.” Yes, I know that but you and others have had your say. You’ve spent the last 50 years blasting him so it is my turn to uplift a faithful saint. We’ve heard all the “dirt” about Dr. Ruckman so now it is your turn to listen to the “rest of the story”. Even if you disagree with this article (and you most certainly will) then fine – I will have gotten some satisfaction lifting up a man used by God in the last days. So, sit back, gnash your teeth, and then figure out how you are going to justify your rotten hearts regarding the matter of attacking a man of God relentlessly. It is my turn to sound off and respond to the attitudes displayed towards one of my heroes of the faith. Mock me for my respect and affection for a man who God used to help get me grounded in doctrine and was ultimately used of God to bring me to the church I‘ve been presently attending now for over 22 years! Go a head; grind your molars and blow out a gasket while I respond to your mockings of him. You’ve had your say; some of you folks have called him an idiot, peculiar, a liar, and man with a bad attitude, etc. and yet you say condemn “his” attitude and name calling! Amazing!!!

Let’s get one thing settled first. His name is not “Ruckman” – his name is Dr. Ruckman (he earned the degree), or bro. Ruckman or bro. Pete (he is a saved man), or Mr. Ruckman (if some of you don’t want to acknowledge his salvation or earned doctorates). The fact that many of you just call him, “Ruckman” shows you have a bad heart towards authority or are sadly lacking in respect for a saint of God. In the Army you are taught to salute the title not the man. At least “salute” his title (brother or earned doctorate). You wouldn’t dare call your folks by just their last name to show disrespect so why do you do that to Dr. Ruckman.

Now, that the introduction is over let’s get on with it. For those of you who seem so quick to judge Dr. Ruckman I’d like to ask you some questions.

1. Have you ever really read a book by Dr. Ruckman?
    2. Have you read more than one or are your judgments based upon one or two books?
    3. Have you read books by him other than the KJV issue?
    4. Have you read his books without any prejudged attitudes?
    5. Have you listened to his tapes on the manuscript evidence?
    6. For those of you have called him an “idiot” or said he didn’t know what he is talking about – have you bothered to look into what he has read on the subject matter you are questioning or, read his sources or at least checked his sources?
    7. Have you read the books Dr. Ruckman has read on the KJV issue?
    8. Have you read his chapter on “Much Learning Doth Make Thee Mad” from his “Biblical Scholarship” book on the KJV? In that chapter he gives you “small” list of the books he has read and researched on the matter. Have you read any of those books or are you going by what “Professor Dimwhitt” told you?
    9. How long have you known Greek and Hebrew?
    10. How long have you taught Greek and Hebrew?
    11. Have you ever listened to any of his “Bible Institute” tapes? You might want to listen to some of those to get some of a different side of Dr. Ruckman that you obviously don’t know exists.
    12. Have you ever heard his tapes where he gives his personal testimony?
    13. Have you ever even looked through his Bible Bookstore catalogue to see what the man has been doing for the past 45 years?
    14. Have you ever been with Dr. Ruckman as he went door-to-door in the “early days” of his ministry?
    15. Have you ever knocked on any door?
    16. How much has “serving Christ” cost you?
    17. How many hours, days weeks, months, and years have you spend teaching young men the word of God?
    18. Have you ever read his commentary on Job or Proverbs? Why not get it a shot and you tell me he doesn’t have a tender heart for sinners and God.
    19. You that have a problem with his views on black folk – have you ever spent time witnessing, kneeling in prayer, and preaching to them like Dr. Ruckman has all his life?
    20. How many of you went through Bible College twice while seeking to support a wife and kids on almost nothing?
    21. How many of you have lost family, friends, and Christians because you thought the word of God was worth fighting for?
    22. How many of you actually met the man and talked to him?
    23. How many of folks have seen the man almost break up in the pulpit over what it has cost him to stand true to his convictions in the face of what he has been dealt by “Christian” people and yet at the same time not complain or murmur but say he wouldn’t trade it for nothing?

You know what I think – I think some of you folks detest Dr. Ruckman for the following reasons:
    1. He steps on your toes when it comes to Biblical authority and you just can’t handle it. Dr. Ruckman is one who speaks with authority and this rubs your old nature doesn’t it?
    2. He has thoroughly researched the matter of manuscript evidence and you just think you have.
    3. He has been mightily used of God in the lives of many while God has passed many of you by.
    4. You are envious of him having a busy and fruitful ministry while yours may be drying up on the vine.
    5. You are envious of his work ethic – he reads more, studies more, and produces more than you ever have or will and it bothers you because his work ethics reveals your slothfulness.
    6. He knows what your Greek and Hebrew scholars know and they know he knows what they know and it makes them nervous and you also for your “gods’ are exposed for being sadly lacking.
    7. As much as you hammer Dr. Ruckman it doesn’t keep him awake enough to yawn – he’d still be playing hockey with the youngsters if his body could handle it.
    8. He has and is enjoying life more than some of you ever have or ever will.
    9. Finally, Dr. Ruckman has more grace and charity than you “Ruckman-haters” have or ever will have.

Now, some of you have had enough and are ready to come up with all the things Dr. Ruckman has done wrong or is wrong in. I told you up front that he is not perfect. He would disagree with me on many things and I see some things differently than he would – so what. We are both saved and have the same book and based upon that we could get along fine. What you folks have got to learn how to do is to “spit out the bones” – take what is good with grace and “leave the rest on the plate.” How many of you agree with every writer you read? Take what you feel is useful and go on.

You keep hammering Dr. Ruckman for all his “peculiar” doctrines. Do you know why he gets these ideas? The man reads, studies, examines, compares, and relates so he is bound to come up with more ideas and doctrines than those of you who don’t even have a daily devotional schedule. When one does this much studying and reading he is bound to come up with different ideas. The problem is some of you folks just regurgitate what others give you.

Ok, let’s wrap this up. Regardless of your personal feelings towards the man God has used Dr. Ruckman to wake up America in respect to authority. Regardless of your personal feelings towards the man God has used Dr. Ruckman to train countless young men for the ministry. Regardless of your personal feelings towards the man God has used Dr. Ruckman to win souls to Christ through his personal work and public ministry. You can whine all you want but until you admit the above and examine your heart on the matter you will always be grieving the Holy Spirit with your hateful, envious, judgmental attitudes. Dr. Ruckman will give an account of his actions and you will for yours. Don’t blame Dr. Ruckman for your immature and hateful attitudes. When you stand before God to give account God will not care about Dr. Ruckman at that moment for you will be there to answer for your actions. The ole’ saying fits perfectly here, “Nobody makes you what you are they only reveal what you are.” And God has used Dr. Ruckman to reveal many a rotten heart.

Finally, on a “Baptist” forum recently I saw a thread stated with the title, “Who is Ruckman?” I’d like to answer that:
    Dr. Ruckman is a saved, blood-bought, Bible-believing, soul-wining, Bible preaching, Bible teaching, praying, child of God. And if you don’t like that then go shake your fist at God.

May God bless!

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whew, I thought this was a serious post...then I read number 9 and knew it had to be a joke.

Ruckman cannot be compared to David, becasue despite the "Nathans" that have come to him, he has not repented.

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This long post makes me so proud that someone would stand up for someone who uses curse words when anyone disagrees with him. I'm so glad they overlook his Christianlike attitude. :rolleyes:

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

AMEN and AMEN Brother Bunyan.

I must say, you did a fine job of teaching these poor sinners on this board about who "Doc" is. We who love him, call him "Doc".
    My pastor was trained by him in the late '70's.
    There are MANY MANY MANY folks on this board with whom I disagree doctrinally. About the only things this board seems to care about it is if you call yourself a Christian, and how many letters you can line up after your name. Other than that, I see virtually no consensus.
    Now, most on here profess to be saved. So I will call them Brother or Sister.
    But it appears they will not extend the same courtesy to Doc. Ruckman. Sad day for {Baptists}.

IN HIS service;
    Jim

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I am so glad that he can come up with more doctrines than there are in the Bible, aren't you? Otherwise, we would miss out on the good things. :eek: :rolleyes: [​IMG]

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AV Bunyan: Dr. Ruckman is a saved, blood-bought, Bible-believing, soul-wining, Bible preaching, Bible teaching, praying, child of God. And if you don’t like that then go shake your fist at God.

Dr. Ruckman is a false prophet. I posted one of his most blatant false prophecies both here and on the board you were recently on. That prophecy cannot possibly come to pass now because the time limit has expired. Any comment?

At least YOU will actually try to defend DR rationally, unlike a coupla methane generators we know of who call themselves "ruckmanknights" as if that's something to be proud of!

BTW, I hope all is well with you!

11. Orvie

Orvie New Member

***yawn***

12. Faith Fact Feeling

Faith Fact Feeling New Member

KJVBibleThumper,

This letter to White does illustrate that Ruckman cusses. What they fail to address is that White is a blasphemer of God’s character with this reformed Calvinism garbage. If anything cusses God’s character it is that stuff. To claim that God puts people in Hell without them ever having a chance to believe in Him makes God out to be an evil devil and a liar. Judge for yourself, which is worse. I’ve seen this over and over again. The same ones that view God as the cold hearted evil beast of “hyper” Calvinism reject perfect preservation for His words and biblical creation.

FFF

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Please note the title of this thread. It is "Ruckman" not "White". That is why Dr Ruckman's foul pen is described here.

14. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Faith, Fact, Feeling;
    For the most part you are correct. To which I offer my hearty AMEN. I would amend your assessment of Calvinism to say they claim God chooses who is going to hell from everlasting ages past, thereby predetermining in advance to doom those people to hell.

In HIS service;
    Jim

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Just a quick note fellas - there is a forum for Calvinism/Arminianism - this is not it.

Thanks in advance.

16. Faith Fact Feeling

Please note the letter was to White, and that Christian cussing pales in comparison to what some folks do. Case in point, the evidence presented against Dr. Ruckman. What a glaring difference there is between cussing and making God out to be heartless and unloving. This has bearing on the nature of the thread.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If this degenerates into a Calvinism debate it will be closed without notice.

Dr Ruckman's language was totallly uncalled for. No Christian should speak that way.

18. Faith Fact Feeling

Yes. I agree. We have a forum for that. No interest here in derailing the thread. I just wanted to point out that there are some weighty matters to consider here. If Ruckman's character is to be discussed then what I had to say bears mentioning.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FFF, if someone who claims to be a Christian cussed you, how would you react? What would you think of that person?

While I was a cop, I met more than one person who would appear in public to be a paragon of piety and good works...who, in private, would just as soon cut your pancreas out with a dull putty knife as to cough. I reckon you've seen only one face of Dr. Ruckman.

20. Faith Fact Feeling

Funny. It obviously escapes you that the exact reasoning you gave is why Ruckman cusses in public. I don't agree with him there. But he is the exact opposite of the hypocrite you describe. BTW, do you cuss....ever??