1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rush Limbaugh’s Theory For Why Eric Holder is Resigning

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rush Limbaugh apparently thinks Eric Holder may be stepping down to make it easier for President Barack Obama to nominate him to the Supreme Court, should a vacancy arise.

“There may be a Supreme Court vacancy — and I can see Barack Obama nominating Eric Holder to fill it,” Limbaugh said on his radio show Thursday, according to my colleague Matt Lewis’ transcription on Twitter.

Currently there are no vacancies on the High Court, but four of the nine justices are over 70. While it is hard to imagine one of the conservative justices resigning while Obama is president, it isn’t impossible in theory to imagine liberal justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, 81, resigning her seat so a liberal president could nominate her replacement. But Ginsberg just rejected the possibility in an interview with Elle Magazine.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...older-is-resigning-is-the-stuff-of-nightmares

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are Rush's number of listeners dropping? Is he trying to shore up his numbers? What a ridiculous suggestion. Way too much political baggage to ever be voted in as a SC justice.

What a hoot. Thanks for a good morning laugh Rev. Got my day off to a good start.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He should have been fired long ago.