1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Russian ship a little too close to home...my home.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Use of Time, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope not true at all. If this was a left of center site there would be all kinds of hate directed at Trump just like the Alt Right sites had all kinds of racism toward Obama. But here and on Facebook the hate (maybe you would like 'contempt' better) has all been directed toward those of us who refuse to go against our conscience and moral convictions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not get it. Little wonder that you are gaining reputation for tactlessness.

3. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was on my friends page. Me I have my page locked down and most of my friends who are Trump supporters stay off of it. My friends at least are just the kind of Trump supporters that will repost any article that make him look wonderful, or pictures of him in Messianic light but they stay above the fray in comment sections. It's when I look at other people pages that let anyone comment that you can see the hate Trump supporters have toward non Trump Supporters.

I am aware of the crazy left. I was in college during Obama's election and as a known conservative I dodged some crazy things walking around campus. Now I'm just have to dodge things from Trump supporters as well. It's what happens when you have strong opinions, but it is tragic to see what is going on in this country with how tribal we have become.

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course left wingers are violent, that is their MO. You will not find me arguing against that. But thanks for the proof of why liberalism is a problem and why I'm quite content to be a Constitutional Conservative who will not vote for liberals regardless of the letter after their name.

I will also say I said nothing about Trump supporters being violent. I said the hate (or contempt) I have seen has been directed at non Trump supporter one FB and here.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where do I begin to address your commentary. I always use God as my absolute reference point that allows me to judge and evaluate everything properly.

This nonsense you see going blessedwife318 on BB & in our great country, actually has been happening since Cain & Abel. Someone must always be labeled as the "Evil" one ...as you say, its the country going tribal. The insecure & false self apparently needs a counterbalance enemy to scapegoat ----so that they can feel superior. False gods must be appeased, ego's must be stroked, someone needs to be "Top Dog." The cool thing about our True God is we Christians doesn't need to play those games --God needs nothing, He is sovereign to any group ownership or personal manipulation. I find that to be soooo liberating. With that in mind, I don't have to play those appeasment games of marginalization of others, scapegoating, prejudice, Etc., ....Ive got God to keep me balanced! That's the key....its the more attractive alternative to these economic, religious and political quagmires we dig ourselves into.

So be at peace...you and I (and the World) have nothing to fear from the true Jesus. We are all winners in the Reign of God.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I "got it" just fine. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have unfriended several people since the inauguration who either posted vile hatred against Trump or posted and reposted every sycophantic Trump picture, meme, or text they received.

Both are idiotic and indicative of a person incapable of thinking for himself.

If you were being attacked by both sides you were probably much closer to the truth than either rock-throwing extreme. :)

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you have been getting only half the picture. I get a dozen posts a day from the radical left attacking Trump for every made up excuse imaginable. Even stooping to attack a 10 year old by whose only crime is to have President Trump as his father.

Not to mention calling him a "Nazi" - this to a guy who gave his blessings for his children to marry those of the Jewish faith.

Nope. It's both sides.

9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed at the request of the OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.