1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sam Gipp vs. James White

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Grasshopper, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Among IFBr's it seemed to be a common practice to hand out honorary "Drs". In the old "Sword of the Lord" days everybody was Dr. Dr. jack Hyles, Dr. Curtis Hudson etc......how many were earned? Who knows but I doubt very many.

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Where did I say "I was fine with this." I don't have a major problem if a person has done something outside of education to "earn" it. I do have a problem when it was totally based on money or just they wanted them to have that title. Not all Honorary Doctorates are based on money contributions.

3. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

One reason my former pastor didn't bother with getting his Doctorate. There are too many that have the title that have not earned it.

4. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

What is ironic/sad/amusing about this whole topic as regards to KJVO or not is that Few who speak to this area actually are qualified to be 'experts" in it!

must be fluent in greek/hebrew, know the cultural/historical transmission of the texts, and be well versed in contemporary studies in this area!

One can be such and discuss between them while CT/TR/MT best, but sadly KJVO lack expertise in this area!