1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saving from Acrobat Reader

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by donnA, Nov 22, 2004.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I bought an e-book of scrapbook phrases and want to save it on my computer, how do I do that? When I click on file the save or save as is not highlighted so I can save it.

2. Dale

Dale New Member

what is the source of the file? Did you buy it online or is it on a CD? You can't "save" things in Reader because as the name suggests, it is a read only program. If you have it open already then it would seem that you already have it saved somewhere on your local hard drive or a removable disk

If you can give me a little more info I will try to help you out.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I bought it online, I recieved a link in email. If I want to open it I have to go to my email and click the link.

heres a link if it works right

http://home.insightbb.com/~dhatch24/Scrapbook_Titles.pdf

So is the only thing I can do is either keep openiing it from my email, or print the whole thing out? As you can see this one is 255 pages, the other two are 117 pages.They are supose to be printed and put in a 3 ring binder. I just don't want to have to do it all at once. I'd rather save it if I could.

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hi ya, its sam,

If you want to save / edit a .PDF file you can register for free at adobe.com and download a TRIAL of adobe acrobat 6 standard / pro, that will let you save and edit, but it is a 200 MB download, and only a trial version, but there is nothing stopping you uninstalling it after its time is up and installing it again, i dont think [​IMG]

5. natters

natters New Member

Donna, do you mean you want a copy of the .pdf file on you computer? If so, RIGHT-click on the link you posted above, and then "Save Target As..." (or "Save Link As..." or similar, depending on what browser you're using), then choose where on you computer to save the file.

If instead you mean you want to copy specific text OUT of the .pdf file for use in another program (like Notepad or Word or whatever), once the .pdf file is loaded you can click the Text Selection button in Acrobat Reader (it looks like a letter T with a small box beside it), then highlight the text you want to copy (or right click anywhere in the text and choose "Select All"), then right-click on the selected text and choose "Copy", go to your other program and hit Ctrl-V (or from the menu, Edit/Paste) to copy the text into your other program.

I hope that helps.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Awesome, it worked, Thanks

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

sorry double post

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The latest adobe reader also has a save a copy feature, that allows you to get the text easier. Kind of remember an export to .txt on it as well, but can't remember.