1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

School of Biblical and Theological Studies

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by poodle78, Jan 6, 2005.

1. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do anyone have any experience with the School of Biblical and Theological Studies in Lake Charles, LA?

The web address is www.bibleschool.edu

Thanks.

2. UZThD

UZThD New Member

No experience, but a school which offers a variety of doctoral degrees when NONE , as in NOT ONE, of its faculty appears to have been sufficiently motivated to experience the rigor of an accredited doctoral program him/herself seems pretentious.

AS there now are MANY accredited schools offering undergrad degrees by distance learning, and even master's degrees, and since accreditation means that a school meets the standards of the accreditor as to substance and scholarship, and since it is so much easier to transfer coursework or degrees from accredited schools, and since some denominations or employers expect applicants for positions to have accredited degrees, and since there are some, at least "foreign" ,as SATS, quite inexpensive, but substantial, Bible study degree programs, why would you consider SBTS?

But if you are just determined to go unaccredited, I urge you,at least, to choose a school which has a faculty with accredited degrees.

3. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's just it. I don't want a Bible study program; I am not a pastor or involveed in any pastoral or counselling ministry. I am a church musician who is interested in a music degree program. SBTS offers a sacred music degree. That is why I would consider them, albeit not too seriously.

4. UZThD

UZThD New Member

I see. I still would not fiddle around with them, but that's just my opinion.

5. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the advice. As I said, I am not considering SBTS too seriously. I was just soliciting feedback. I am, however, considering Masters Divinity School, and Logos Theological Seminary (once they reinstate the music doctorate).